Dynamics 365 Sales Solution Template

[ Edited ]

I just watched the video on the Sales Solution Template, this is very exciting!

I have a few questions about this:

1) Will this solution allow me to bring over custom entities and fields?

2) Will this solution allow me to also connect to another source to aggregate the two sources (Oracle & CRM)?

3) Will I be able to publish the PowerBI Tiles to a CRM System Dashboard?

4) Can I select my MSDN Azure Account instead of my corporate Azure account for testing purposes? 

Very excited about this new updated and looking forward to expierementing with it. Going to read more about how to implement it and that may answer by questions.

Thanks again

Lou

Re: Dynamics 365 Sales Solution Template

Hi Lou,

Yes, yes, yes and maybe.

1) Will this solution allow me to bring over custom entities and fields?

Yes. To do this, install the solution template. Go over to AppSource and install the data export service app (here). Edit the data export instance the template set up to add your custom entities. It's super simple - let us know if you have any problems.

2) Will this solution allow me to also connect to another source to aggregate the two sources (Oracle & CRM)?

Yes. Once you have the replication set up with data export service, you can add whatever other tables you want and add to the power bi report.

3) Will I be able to publish the PowerBI Tiles to a CRM System Dashboard?

Yes. Once you have the solution template setup, it's just power bi and all power bi features are supported.

4) Can I select my MSDN Azure Account instead of my corporate Azure account for testing purposes? 

Maybe. The azure subscription you use must also be the one where the Dynamics 365 solution sits. We had hoped to lift this restriction, but it's a current limitation of how Dynamics 365 data export works.

Cheers,

Richard