Regular Visitor

Campaign/Brand Management for Twitter

Hello, 

I recently installed the Campaign/Brand Management Solution for Twitter - https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/solution-templates/brand-management-twitter/. I connected to the Azure database but strangely the metrics are displaying activity about general tweets, not one specific to the twitter account I am trying to analyze. Can you help? Example.PNG

Regular Visitor

Re: Campaign/Brand Management for Twitter

[ Edited ]

Hi Tyler,

Could you elaborate a little bit more on what you mean? During the setup process we ask for search terms and Twitter handles. This is what we do with them:

1. Search terms - if I search for PowerBI, any tweets that mention PowerBI will be returned. This could be tweets tweeted by the PowerBI account or tweets abotu PowerBI from another account. You can learn more about Twitter query operators here:

https://dev.twitter.com/rest/public/search

2. Twitter handles - for the twitter accounts you specify, we figure out the tweet direction. If I included PowerBI here then we look at whether a given tweet that was found has been tweeted by PowerBI, from PowerBI, retweeted by PowerBI etc. The first 2 pages of the report go into a lot of detail about this (the Outbound page looks at all the tweets coming out of the account you are interested in and the inbound page looks at all the incoming tweets - i.e. those that use @PowerBI in my example).

The page you are looking at looks at the impact of all the tweets collected - these could be coming from many different accounts based on the rules we talked about above. If you are interested in only looking for  tweets that have been tweeted by a specific account I recommend using the "from:" keyword when you define your search terms. E.g. from:Azure. This will only bring in tweets that have been tweeted by Azure

Please let me know if that makes sense, if not I can elaborate further!

Regular Visitor

Thanks for your response! I think the last part you talked about is exactly what I am looking for "If you are interested in only looking for  tweets that have been tweeted by a specific account I recommend using the "from:" keyword when you define your search terms. E.g. from:Azure. This will only bring in tweets that have been tweeted by Azure".

Could you go more in depth/maybe some screenshots on how to accomplish that? 

Regular Visitor

Hi Tyler,

You can learn more about the Twitter Query operators that are supported by going here (screesnshot with the one you need highlighted below): https://dev.twitter.com/rest/public/search

twittersearchapi.PNG

In our installer you will need to specify the search term you are looking for just like the example below:

Capture.PNG

For the Twitter Handles page (page following search terms) you just need to list the twitter handles like in the example below:

Capture2.PNG