Frequent Visitor
Accepted Solution

Campaign/Brand Management for Twitter Search Terms

Hello,

I am attempting to create a campaign/brand management solution through the template however I have come across an issue regarding the search Terms.

I have gone through each step to create the solution including specifying the Twitter Handles and search terms, however when I reach stage 8 (summary), the handles and search terms I entered are not being displayed. All that is being shown is Target Server, Target Database and Target Username alongside the back and run links.

Once I create the solution, there is no data in any of the SQL tables and there is no data within the Power BI dashboard. 

I have previously been through this process and this has not been an issue. Can you please advise how this can be fixed?

Thanks,

Mathew

Accepted Solutions
Frequent Visitor

Re: Campaign/Brand Management for Twitter Search Terms

Hey Mathew,

Sorry for not responding earlier, we had an issue last week which prevented the sentiment analysis and configuration table entries from being inserted correctly. We released a fix yesterday but sadly this will require you to reinstall the template. Let me know if this works for you.

Many Thanks

Mo

View solution in original post

All Replies
Frequent Visitor

Managed to find a solution.

When the Power BI file was downloaded, I manually updated the configuration table in SQL and created the 2 rows that were missing including the twitter handle. I also updated the logic app through the Azure portal.

The only issue now is that the sentiment analysis is not functional. Anyone have a solution?

Frequent Visitor

Hey Mathew,

Sorry for not responding earlier, we had an issue last week which prevented the sentiment analysis and configuration table entries from being inserted correctly. We released a fix yesterday but sadly this will require you to reinstall the template. Let me know if this works for you.

Many Thanks

Mo

Frequent Visitor

Hi Mo,

Thank you for replying.

I have reinstalled the template and it appears to be working now.

Thanks again,

Mathew

Frequent Visitor

I have deployed the solution two times but it never populates any data into the SQL DB to be shown in the power bi report.  I am not using uncommon search terms.  It should be pushing something.  How do we debug this solution if it does not appear to be working?

Regular Visitor

[ Edited ]

Hi Eddie,

Sorry to hear you are hitting issues with the template. The most frequently hit problem I've seen is people using multiple search terms but without using the uppercase OR in between them. For example, if I wanted to find tweets that mentioned PowerBI or Tableau I would put:

PowerBI OR Tableau

An easy way to test what you should be seeing is by going to the twitter search expereince and checking your Twitter query inside it:

https://twitter.com/search-home

If you want to edit the Twitter query afterwards you need to change it inside your Azure Portal inside the Logic App (instructions here under the customization section):

https://github.com/Microsoft/BusinessPlatformApps/blob/master/Source/Apps/Microsoft/Released/Microso...

If that still doesn't solve your problmes please e-mail our team alias at pbisolntemplates@microsoft.com and we can work on figuring out the root cause.

Justyna

Frequent Visitor

so simple.   Capital "OR" did it.   I would have never guessed that.  Thank You.