Frequent Visitor
Accepted Solution

Bing News solution template - question

I have the Bing News solution template up and running. When I initally configured the solution template, it asked me for search terms. Now that I have the template up and running, I would like to change the search terms.

What is the process to change the search terms??

Thank you

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Re: Bing News solution template - question

Hello,

Unfortunately the database does not get purged automatically. You can do this manually by running the SQL scripts found over here:

https://github.com/Microsoft/BusinessPlatformApps/tree/dev/Source/Apps/Microsoft/Released/Microsoft-...

Please run the scripts from in order from 00-60 (you can run 90 as well if you like but it won't do anything).

Best,

Justyna

View solution in original post

All Replies
Regular Visitor

Hello,

In order to change the search terms you will need to log into your Azure subscription and find the resource group that was spun up with the news template artefacts (if you didn't choose a resourece group name during deployment time it will by default start with SolutionTemplate- ). 

Once inside the resource group please find the Logic App with the name 'LogicAppMainNews'. Inside the Logic App, the first step of the flow will be a Bing News block where your search terms will appear. You can change them inside there.

Hope that helps, if you need more information please contact our team at pbisolntemplates@microsoft.com

Frequent Visitor

Found it!! Thank you.

Second question....by changing the search query in LogicAppMainNews, does that purge the data in the database that is related to the previous search query??

If not, is there a process to truncate the relevant tables or would it be a manual process??

Thank you for your assistance.

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Hello,

Unfortunately the database does not get purged automatically. You can do this manually by running the SQL scripts found over here:

https://github.com/Microsoft/BusinessPlatformApps/tree/dev/Source/Apps/Microsoft/Released/Microsoft-...

Please run the scripts from in order from 00-60 (you can run 90 as well if you like but it won't do anything).

Best,

Justyna