Highlighted
Regular Visitor
Accepted Solution

support of custom visuals

Hi - David Edelman, Houston TX.  My favorite feature so far is the "Play Axis" on the scatter plot visualization.

My company is very hestitant to use anything that is not directly vendor supported, so I find myself not being able to utilize some of the outstanding custom visualizations that the community has created and shared.  Is there ever any plan for Microsoft to "buy" these visuals and begin to support them so that they can be used with much less risk?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions
Power BI Team

Re: support of custom visuals

It's a great question and something we're looking to add - in fact we're designing a solution as we speak. We see it as two problems: 1) make it easier for business users to find visuals 2) make it easier for admins to control the visuals users see Let us know what are the key capabilities you'd be looking for as we plan our solution to the two problems. Please vote for this idea to stay updated as we provide this capability. https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas/suggestions/13869456-import-custom-visuals-in...

View solution in original post

All Replies
Frequent Visitor

We also have an similar problem. We need to sort these by below ways

1) Either microsoft guarantee the whole data processing of custom visuals with their "Service Description"

2) Build organization based custom visulas like SP Online where admins can control how to regulate and distribute them with in organization.

Power BI Team

It's a great question and something we're looking to add - in fact we're designing a solution as we speak. We see it as two problems: 1) make it easier for business users to find visuals 2) make it easier for admins to control the visuals users see Let us know what are the key capabilities you'd be looking for as we plan our solution to the two problems. Please vote for this idea to stay updated as we provide this capability. https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas/suggestions/13869456-import-custom-visuals-in...