Re: Word wrap in Table/Matrix Table

Looking forward to those changes @Amanda!  Can't wait for collapsible / expandable rows Smiley Wink

word wrap in card for measures.word wrap in card for measures.

wordWrap.PNG

Frequent Visitor

Thanks for the image.  Unfortunatley that does not solve my issue.   I have word wrap enabled within the formatting options but would like to control where the wrap occurs.  Specifically, I am using a measure to complete bread crumbs type functionality of slicer values selected by the user.  Would be much better if I was able to insert a carriage return or some other special character to effect a wrap instead of the "|" separator.  By the way, I am using the "Card" visualization in this instance.
BreadCrumbs.png

Yes i fully understand your pain. I too use measures to create dynamic text phrases that i then wordwrap.

like text2wrapMeasure = "you have selected" & values(table(Selectedfilter))

BUt yes it is a limited feature and there is no option to select a deliminator where to wrap at as you require.

My initial comment was simply to point out that the word wrap feature is available onthe PBI platform albeit limited.

Anyway i hope this helps for some people.

Frequent Visitor

Hi Amanda, It's just about been 6 months since your post & the table word wrap is now available.  When will the Matrix improvements be released?  One comment on word wrap - would be great to have the option of aligning it with top as well as bottom.  I've always preferred to be have it aligned at the top.

Thanks, Blair

Frequent Visitor

Really happy to see the new matrix row header word wrap in the Feb '16 release - thank you!

Any ETA on the matric column header word wrap which I'm sure is nearing the top of your backlog?!

It's fun to see this product get better and better - keep up the good work!

Ben

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

I just downloaded the February release and tested the word wrap feature for row headers in the matrix. The feature seems to work great for the first row header; however, any subsequent row headers do not wrap.

Here is a before image:

Before sizing headerBefore sizing header

Here's a snapshot after sizing both headers. The first column ("Row Header") works as advertised; however, in resizing the second row header, it did not work.

After sizing both headersAfter sizing both headers

Is this a bug, or did I misunderstand the functionality.

Frequent Visitor

[ Edited ]

I found something similar.  In my case I am using a matrix.

What appears to be happening is any records where the hierarchy grouping is a single records then no wrap is occuring on the desktop or service matrix

If the hierarchy grouping spans multiple rows then

a) Desktop wraps successfully

b) Service is NOT wrapping

Below info has proprietary information redacted but I trust illustration still works...PowerBiWordWrap.jpg