Frequent Visitor
Accepted Solution

PowerBI support for OneDrive Personal as data source

[ Edited ]

I would like to use PowerBI for desktop to create model where some data (.txt or .xlsx files) comes from personal OneDrive.
I would like to use this with PowerBI free license. So if I deploy to PowerBI service, I would not need Gateway running on my PC and refresh would be done from OneDrive personal drive.

Are there any plans to support OneDrive Personal as data source for PowerBI for Desktop and then online service?

Accepted Solutions
Power BI Team

Re: PowerBI support for OneDrive Personal as data source

Hi Vidas,

We are working on some additional connectivity scenarios from PBI Desktop to the PBI Service that should allow you to achive your scenario (without using the gateway). Stay tuned.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Power BI Admin

Re: Welcome to the Power BI AMA!

Welcome @VidasM can you post your question in a new thread? Thanks!

Frequent Visitor

Lana, "New Message" button is greyed out, so I cannot post question in separate thread.

New Contributor

Great initiative by Microsoft PowerBI Team, loving it. Please enable new message button

Power BI Admin

Thanks @parry2k and @VidasM. It should be fixed now!

Power BI Team

Hi Vidas,

We are working on some additional connectivity scenarios from PBI Desktop to the PBI Service that should allow you to achive your scenario (without using the gateway). Stay tuned.

Visitor

Hello, I have the same problem.  I would like to get data from one drive to power Bi desk, but with the URL direction.

Thanks for your Help

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

I know this works when pointing POwer BI desktop to the .xlsx file on One Drive for Business. I don't know how to do this with One Drive personal (there does not seem to be a direct URL), therefore, we cannot upload to the PBI service and refresh using One Drive personal. Any updates on this?