Highlighted
Regular Visitor
Accepted Solution

Custom visuals not direct from MS - vendors can't use...future plans?

[ Edited ]

Hi - David Edelman, Houston TX.  My favorite feature so far is the "Play Axis" on the scatter plot visualization.

My company is very hestitant to use anything that is not directly vendor supported, so I find myself not being able to utilize some of the outstanding custom visualizations that the community has created and shared.  Is there ever any plan for Microsoft to "buy" these visuals and begin to support them so that they can be used with much less risk?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions
Power BI Team

Re: Custom visuals not direct from MS - vendors can't use...future plans?

Its an interesting idea but there isn't a current plan to migrate/purchase 3rd party visuals in that way. Once thing to note is that there are high quality providers for many of the visuals and those folks are ready to support the visuals they've created. As with any partner eco-system, you'll be looking to the partners for support of their solution.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Power BI Team

Re: Custom visuals not direct from MS - vendors can't use...future plans?

Its an interesting idea but there isn't a current plan to migrate/purchase 3rd party visuals in that way. Once thing to note is that there are high quality providers for many of the visuals and those folks are ready to support the visuals they've created. As with any partner eco-system, you'll be looking to the partners for support of their solution.