12-10-2017 10:28 PM - edited 12-10-2017 10:29 PM
SaltStack is also incredibly simple to install! The master doesn't have any special dependencies on a message queue or a special database in order to do it's job. Installing a minion on a myriad of Linux distros is quite easy, also, using the bootstrap script provided by saltstack.
SaltStack is ubiquitous. It runs everywhere, even servers that don't have SSH installed.
SaltStack has a decent security model. Each minion gets a specific cert pair which allows them to connect as a certain ID. This ID can be used to limit the amount of cluster secrets they can access.
A few years ago, when I left Puppet and Chef, orchestration meant pulling and applying state in cron-fashion periodically. I feel this is one of the worst ideas ever to come to ops tools, and it made their application deployment story a complete joke. While the orchestration story in both of those tools has since improved, it's been nice that orchestration has been a focus of SaltStack from day one.
Summarize on SaltStack:
- SaltStack is a complete solution
- Deep Dive into SaltStack Hands on training
- Introduction to SaltStack Virtual Class
- SaltStack runs everywhere
- SaltStack encourages a more declarative approach to configuration
- SaltStack has had a focus on orchestration since day one
- SaltStack is simple to learn
- SaltStack is fast
What are objectives and learning outcomes of this course?
SaltStack training helps increase the value and effectiveness of SaltStack software. During this course you will learn how to centrally administer and manage multiple server environments. After completing this course, you will be able to comprehend: variety of Topology Options, Command-line options, and Remote execution modules and functions.
From this course you acquire the following:
>> Overview of SaltStack, Architecture, Jinja2
>> Learn about Salt installation, command line basics, Grains and Compound matching
>> Understanding Services, Highstate, Templating with Jinja2 in Salt
>> Gain knowledge of Environments, Salt-cloud and VNC password deployment
>> You should execute a real-time project based on the comprehensive course curriculum
>> You will get to know the related jobs and job trends in the industry
Our Training is designed & imparted in a systematic manner by the industry-expert trainers that makes it very easy to acquire and expand SaltStack skills quickly. We create highest quality HD content with live examples & provide complete guidance during & after the training is over. So, you can start working in this field once you complete the training successfully.
A few points at a glance on SaltStack:
- Chef and Puppet, both have remained market leader for years. Puppet being at the top in terms of penetration. Check this out Community Metrics: Comparing Ansible, Chef, Puppet and Salt.
- Chef and Puppet, primarily have the pull based approach i.e. clients continuously poll the master node. SaltStack uses push based approach i.e. to push the config to clients. Ansible, whereas, supports both push and pull.
- Scripting for Chef and Puppet not an easy task; considered a programmer's job in many opinions. Whereas, Ansible and SaltStack use yaml configurations.
- SaltStack uses highly robust communication library ZeroMQ | Code Connected at its core. This makes it the most efficient framework in most situations.
- Ansible uses OpenSSH at its core for communication which makes it well secure.
- Ansible on Windows is still beta - to my knowledge.
The Mindmajix team recently released Getting Started with SaltStack, a free, self-paced, online course.
Mindmajix is a leading online training institute offering more than 400 IT courses in leading countries across the globe for individuals and corporates as well. We deliver learning solutions to IT companies as they adapt to key business transformations and technological advancements that drive the way that organizations around the world differentiate themselves and thrive. Our learning programs, whether designed for a global organization or an individual professional, help businesses close skills gaps and foster an environment of continuous talent development.
Learn how to centrally administer and manage multiple server environments. SaltStack software manages heterogeneous computing environments and offers several support packages in addition to expert consulting services.
What are our Key Features:
· Flexible Timings
· Certified & Industry Experts Trainers
· Multiple Training Delivery Models
· Customize Course
· 24/7 Support
· Hands On Experience
· Real Time Use Cases
· Q&A with Trainers
· Small Batches (1to5)
· Flexible Payments
· Job Support
· Placement Assistance.
Our Official Website: https://mindmajix.com/
USA: +1-201 3780 518 ; +1 972-427-3027