Cant see both current report and navigation tree?

The only complaint is that there does not seem to be a way to view your currently opened report or object etc... And the navugation. You have to expand the navigation so it hides your currently opened object. Smiley Sad

Also, any chance of adding folders to store things in and secure objects by?

Thanks!
Power BI Team

Re: Cant see both current report and navigation tree?

Hi,

You can see the item you are currently viewing in the breadcrumb at the top of the screen.  Is this what you are looking for or something else?

Adam

Once I click on "My Workspace" it then opens the Dashboards, Reports, Workbooks, Datasets area.

Below it is the "name" and list of objects.

That area covers up the report you are currently looking on so you can't navigate to a new report AND see the one you currently have opened.

For example, if hte left navigation tree would "accordian open" like how the Windows Start button pops out and expands, that would let you navigate while keeping your current report opened.

So if I want to browse around at other reports or dashboards, I lose the currently opened report/dashboard/object.

Frequent Visitor

Agreed,

The nice part of having the navigation on the side was to "one click" between reports/dashboards, even between workgroups!

Highlighted

A quick update :

We took your feedback and we are working on a change that will include the best parts of the old nav in the new navigation too...

Once that change is out, you should be able to access all the items in the current workspace in the left nav and quickly switch between them!