Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

emma313823
Helper IV
Helper IV

ipad app just spins after you select a dashboard

Hi All

I have an issue with the mobile apps.  I have my dataset in excel - which is a workbook residing in my OneDrive folder.  I update in excel, refresh in BI Desktop, then publish to the BI service.  When I go to the service all looks great.  When I log in under my user test account it looks good, however when I go the iPad app and select one of my dashboards...I just get the spinning wheel of death like its thinking then it just goes back to the page with all my dashboard tiles - as if I need to select one again.  The same issue is occuring on the iphone 6Plus.

Both devices are fairly new, plenty of memory, have a solid connection to the internet, however I just can't get the dashboards to load.  This is a huge issue I need to resolve.  I have a salesforce which multiple dashboards will be pushed out to and it is critical that they can access this when they need to.  

Can someone offer some insight or fix for this?

Emma

Emma
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi

I think I may have figured out what is happening.  I was logging in as myself or the admin and I don't think the app an handle loading the datasets behind the visuals.  When I logged in as a user who can only see the visuals assigned to them, I was able to see the visuals with no issues.

Emma

Emma

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
yarivm
Power BI Team
Power BI Team

Hi @emma313823

Sory to hear about your issue.

Can you please send your OS version and Apower Bi version?

Can u please also add screenshot with your issue.

What about other dashboards and tiles?

Thanks,

Yariv

Hi

I think I may have figured out what is happening.  I was logging in as myself or the admin and I don't think the app an handle loading the datasets behind the visuals.  When I logged in as a user who can only see the visuals assigned to them, I was able to see the visuals with no issues.

Emma

Emma

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors