Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

RahilBukhari
Helper I
Helper I

iPad Unknown Error when looking at Report

We have built a dashboard as a PowerBI Pro user. This dashboard gets data from an on prem SSAS Tabular Model.

The dashboard works absolutely fine in the browser however when browsed through the iPad, we get the attached error messages for various components (KPI, Gauges etc) of the dashboard.

The component errors are not consistent either, so sometimes certain components work but when you refresh others will work but not the ones from before.

As I said the dashboard works fine in the browser, this is only an issue we're facing on the iPad.

IMG_06752.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi,

I have escalated the issue to the relevant team to check the issue you reported about.

I will update you about the progress or if we need any further details.

Thank you,

Dana.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
metaran
Employee
Employee

Hi,

Thank you for reporting this, to help us investigate can you share some more details?

- Do you have Role Based Security enabled on this SSAS model?

- What iPad version and OS version installed on it?

thanks,

Meital

Hi

Yes we have role based security, however I'm an admin user with full permissions on the SSAS instance and Tabular model.

I have an iPad Air (Model MD789B/A) with iOS 8.4 installed. I also have version 4.1 of the Power BI app.

Any help would be appreciated!

Rahil

Update:

If i flick between the pages on my dashboard, eventually it's able to render all KPI's and Gauges. So basically need to flick back and forth between pages and eventually everything appears. It's almost as if there's a throttle somewhere which means it's either rendering or querying the source 2-3 items at a time. Very weird! All this use to work before, it looks like a new bug thats been introduced recently.

Hi,

I have escalated the issue to the relevant team to check the issue you reported about.

I will update you about the progress or if we need any further details.

Thank you,

Dana.

Hi

Any update on this issue?

Thanks.

Hi,

Our team is still investigating the issue.

Can you please check if the same issue appears when you open the dashboard from powerbi.com using Safari from your iPad (not using the app)?

Can you also please provide us which iPad device you are using and which iOS version you have installed?

Please note that you can send us these details to support@powerbi.email if you don't want to share your information here.

Thank you,

Dana.

Hi

Browsing Power BI on Safari worked fine.

I have an iPad Air (Model MD789B/A) with iOS 8.4 installed. I also have version 4.1 of the Power BI app.

As I mentioned before, this use to work fine on a previous version of the app, i believe this issue has been introduced over the last few weeks (maybe month).

Please let me know if you need further information.

Hi,

Thank you for providing this information.

We are checking the issue and will update.

Thank you,

Dana.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Dear Dana

I'm experiencing similar problem.

I have multiple reports and one dashboard I created some months ago. It works perfectly fine on Safari and iOS App.

However - I've created a new report now and I added one tile from the report to the dashboard I usually use. Everything works fine EXCEPT the tile from the new report where I get "Unknown Error..."

This happens both in Safari AND iOS. Haven't checked on other browsers on the iPad though.

This whole thing works perfectly fine on Windows App and Android and all browsers on Windows.

Hi

Any update on this issue?

Thanks,

Rahil

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Kudoed Authors