Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

trangtkle

how to set up ssrs and integrate with power bi

I hired a Microsoft Partner to help me set up my locally hosted SSRS on Win10 so that when I go to my domain outside my network it would point to it, and I have a domain I can connect to with the PowerBI app on my android device.

Locally it works fine, but externally I get asked my username/password which does not work. This MS Partner has gotten me to pay for an Azure AD account and a PowerBI license, VPN and potentially getting me to set up a VM on Azure to get it working.

He been at it for hours every day since Sunday (its Wednesday now) trying to get this to work. I unfortunately do not know much about the set up side for it to work over the internet - I was able to set it up locally and got frustrated and now paying someone to do it for me but I am not sure if this is going to ever end at this rate. I am actually no closer to the getting it working, but obviously paying more for licensing and labour. This was meant to a personal project - I am no way making a business out of it.

Can someone give some insight on the set up to get a web domain to connects to SSRS. Is the partner going the right path?

Aparently only need to do a setspn -s etc but its refusing the domain\user

Have ensured firewall allows port 80 access, DNS forwarding was working to local reportserver ok, aparently he wants me to sign in with microsoft account but its a gmail account instead of the domain one but MS won't allow set up of a "work" account just gmail. He has set up AD, VPN and now wants to set up a VM.

2 REPLIES 2
trangtkle

I hired a Microsoft Partner to help me set up my locally hosted SSRS on Win10 so that when I go to my domain outside my network it would point to it, and I have a domain I can connect to with the PowerBI app on my android device. Locally it works fine, but externally I get asked my username/password which does not work. This MS Partner has gotten me to pay for an Azure AD account and a PowerBI license, VPN and potentially getting me to set up a VM on Azure to get it working. He been at it for hours every day since Sunday (its Wednesday now) trying to get this work. I unfortunately do not know much about the set up side for it to work over the internet - I was able to set it up locally and got frustrated and now paying someone to do it for me but I am not sure if this is going to ever end at this rate. I am actually no closer to the getting it working, but obviously paying more for licensing and labour. This was meant to a personal project - I am no way making a business out of it. Can someone give some insight on the set up to get a web domain to connects to SSRS. Is the partner going the right path? Aparently only need to do a setspn -s etc but its refusing the domain\user Have ensured firewall allows port 80 access, DNS forwarding was working to local reportserver ok, aparently he wants me to sign in with microsoft account but its a gmail account instead of the domain one but MS won't allow set up of a "work" account just gmail. He has set up AD, VPN and now wants to set up a VM.

@trangtkle

Based on your description, since you can connect to SSRS successfully locally, I think you just need a VPN to login to your local network from external internet access. When connecting to SSRS on Power BI Mobile, you must use your local windows account. However, this account is not related to the account you login Power BI Service (your Gmail account). It's only for accessing your Report Server web portal.

Regards,

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors