Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

trevor
Helper I
Helper I

date format phone layout

I have a date slicer that displays dates in dd/mm/yy format, but the phone layout has changed this to mm/dd/yy. The result is that the desktop view and the phone layout view are different. How do I fix this?

5 REPLIES 5
RGMS
Employee
Employee

Hi @trevor,

Some elements of the mobile experience are effected by the devices locale settings.

Please try and change your locale to match your PC’s locale.

This should cause the date format in your Power BI app to match the one on your PC.

Roy Gal

Thanks for the reply, but the only setting I can find on my (Android) phone is "Language" which is set to "English (Australia)" - the same as the PC. I have checked on one other (also Android) phone, which exhibited the same behaviour - when viewed on the PC the date format is dd/mm/yyyy, but when viewed on the phone at the same time it displays mm/dd/yyyy. 

As some additional info, the phone displays mm/dd/yyyy regardless of whether or not it is displaying in optimised view or not.

This is connected to your locale settings in hte Android OS. Can you please try to change it to english US?

I changed the "Language and Input" setting to English (United States) and it made no difference.

Sorry about that. Can you please contact us via the support email mpbisup@microsoft.com so we can continue investigate this issue?

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Kudoed Authors