Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ibax
Frequent Visitor

cannot manage alert on powerbi app (android, version 111609)

alerts can be defined with powerbi web on card visuals and the alerts are visible as activated on the powerbi app (android).

but it is not possible to manage existing alerts or to set an alert on any card visuals, even the alert icon is available for selection.
It just creates a general unspecified error.

Please note: the powerbi web is used in english language and the powerbi mobile app on android is using in german language.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Hi @ibax,

We just released a new app which we believe has a fix to this problem.

Can you please try it out?

Thanks,

Yaron

View solution in original post

ibax
Frequent Visitor

With the latest version 111680 the issue has been resolved.

Thank you very much.

Cheers

Michael

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ibax,

Have you test on other devices or other languages? In addition, does this issue appears on each reports?

In addition, I test on english and chinese languages and works on my side.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Dear Xiaoxin

I've tried again with the latest app version (111628) on a Android smartphone using the language german and us-english.
The error still occurs. Android version: 6.0.1 on a Galaxy S5 (SM-G900F).

Note: on iPhone (iOS) managing alerts, works as expected.

With best regards

Michael

Hi @ibax,

Have you test on other android devices or other android version? I like to ensure if it is a issue appear on specific devices.

BTW, I test on android 5.1.1(OPPO) , the alert feature works.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

I've just tried on another Samsung Galaxy S5 mini with Android 6.0.1
On this devices it also doesn't work. Unfortunately I don't have any other Android device to test.

Maybe you can test the alert management on a Android 6.0.1 on your side ?

Side Note:
The account used for PowerBI Pro is an Azure AD Account. To get OneNote and PowerBI to work on Android, I've had to install some security certificates on the device to be able to login. Might it an indirect certificate issue, as the management of alerts also "writes" back changed alert settings to the users powerbi account ?
Nevertheless, on iOS using PowerBI and managing alerts works without any problems and does not require to install any extra security certificates to login to the (same) Azure AD account.

HI @ibax,

Current there is no android 6.0.1 version devices on my side. So I test on another device with same power bi version(android v7), it works well.  It seems like the issue not related to version.

For your scenario, I want to ensure if the issue appears on specific mobile devices or it only related to android 6.0.1.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Hi folks, is there anybody out there with Android 6.0.1,

who may test the issue to manage powerbi alerts, which would confirm its a version related issue ?

I guess it is not potentially related to the fact, I'm using an Azure AD login
nor it is an issue related to an antivirus program like Avast.

Hi @ibax,

We just tried to repro on Android 6.0.1 configured to German and no good repro as the alert was created successfully.

Can you please tell if it happens to you on any dashboard you have or only on specific ones?

What is the dashboard location? is it my-workspace? can you try different dashboard locations?

What happens if you re-pin the tile from the report to the dashboard and try to set alert?

Thanks,

Yaron

ibax
Frequent Visitor

Dear Yaron

I have created several reports on my own workspace and have pinned kpi visuals to different existing and new dasboards.

Also I didn't set or change any alert settings from within the powerbi web session, I'm still not able to get into an alert manage dialog on the android phone. Please note: I can manage the same alerts without problems on an iphone (iOS).

I've done all tests just in my-workspace. 

If you like, I may share my sample test dashboard on powerbi pro with you, so we would have a situation with a shared workspace.
We also might setup a skype/teamviewer session onto the android, if required.

Isn't there a possibility to create some log traces, which may give deeper insights into the causing issues ?
I hardly can imagine it could be an issue caused by using PowerBI Pro with an AD Azure login or having AVAST antivirus installed.
To be able to use AD Azure login (i.e. also for OneNote) on the android, required me to install some additional certificates manually. Maybe those certificates do not cover all required aspects as required by managing alerts ? I hardly can imagine, but who knows, what is going on behind within the powerbi app...

With best regards

Michael

Hi @ibax,

Sorry for the late response.

We believe that we found the bug and fix it.

The fix will be part of the next Android app release.

Thanks,

Yaron

Hi @ibax,

We just released a new app which we believe has a fix to this problem.

Can you please try it out?

Thanks,

Yaron

ibax
Frequent Visitor

With the latest version 111680 the issue has been resolved.

Thank you very much.

Cheers

Michael

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors