Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

computermike
Helper I
Helper I

Would like only reports designed for mobile to show up

I have some large page reports that look great on a pc, but they are way too big for my small phone.  They are herd to see, to navigate, the interactions are hard to work with, scrolling is a pain, ect.  I would like to design a set of reports for Mobile and a set for PC.  Is there a way I can make it so the PC reports don't show in nthe modile app and vice versa?  When I am on my phone, just the reports that were designed with phone size template show up???

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
computermike
Helper I
Helper I

OK, I figured it out.  Accidentaly, but that's ok.

When you have your report open in Power BI Desktop, select View > Layout (or Phone Layout).  This opens a a blank grid surronded by a silouette of a phone.  The Visuals you used in your report are too the side, you drag them on to the Phone Layout grid and size and order them the way you like.  Save and publish.  Now when you use the Power BI mobile app and browse through the list of your reports, the reports you have created a phone layout for, have a little phone icon with the old graph icon, this indicates it is a mobile report too.  Click the report and it is arranged the way you set it up in the Phone Layout view.  Very cool

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
computermike
Helper I
Helper I

OK, I figured it out.  Accidentaly, but that's ok.

When you have your report open in Power BI Desktop, select View > Layout (or Phone Layout).  This opens a a blank grid surronded by a silouette of a phone.  The Visuals you used in your report are too the side, you drag them on to the Phone Layout grid and size and order them the way you like.  Save and publish.  Now when you use the Power BI mobile app and browse through the list of your reports, the reports you have created a phone layout for, have a little phone icon with the old graph icon, this indicates it is a mobile report too.  Click the report and it is arranged the way you set it up in the Phone Layout view.  Very cool

Anonymous
Not applicable

The matter which you shared is correct...But he was asking is there any chance to hide PC view reports in Mobile.

When he opens mobile he just wanted to see only mobile report, not all

Hey @Anonymous,

This is currently not possible.

If you find this useful, you can add it to our user voice site: https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas?category_id=105939

Thanks, Maya

Hi @computermike,

Glad to see this resolved, in addition to providing full control on layout, Phone reports enable few more advance capabilities. 

Make sure to take a look at the documentation :

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/powerbi-mobile-view-phone-report/

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Kudoed Authors