Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

wredifer
Frequent Visitor

Windows 10 App - "Failed to load Dashboard. Please try again" error

This error is unique to a particular laptop, leading me to believe that I'm missing a configuration step at some point, or a reset needs to be accomplished.  If you've seen this error or have recomendations, possibly on a reset or clear function I've missed, please let me know.

Troubleshooting so far:
 - Removed and reinstalled the Windows 10 app
 - Restored Windows 10 to a fresh image.  (Actually took it from Insider Slow ring updates back to release.)
 - So far as I can tell, the Office 365 accounts are added in all the correct places, I've also reset them in Cortana.  Although it should be noted that Cortana is telling me that it also cannot reach the Power BI data.

The above error pops regardless of any dashboards or reports which are clicked on, including ones configured by Microsoft, such as Bing searches.  All of these reports and dashboards work fine via web and IOS apps.  They even work in Windows 10 apps on other PCs, as does Power BI access via Cortana.  (This is also consistant against multiple network connectivity scenorios.)

Checking the about tab in the BI App shows version 32.60816.11802.0.  OS Build is 14393.51.

5 REPLIES 5
GM1
Frequent Visitor

Has there been any resolution to this issue?

I have the same issue with Power BI Mobile App.

I can't even open the sample dashboards, I constantantly get message: Failed to load Dashboard. Please try again.

This issue seems to be only on Windows 10 Mobile, others in my team with iPhone and Android do not have this issue.

Hi @GM1,

Can you please send us an email to: PBIWinAppSup@microsoft.com.

Include this info:

Device information

Power BI Windows app version (can be found in the app settings; app settings is in the side pane menu).

Windows OS version

Device Language 

We should then try to repro the problem on our devices.

Thanks,

Yaron

yaronc
Power BI Team
Power BI Team

Hi,

Thank you for reporting on this issue.

We are looking into this problem. We will update as soon as we have any insight on the root cause of this problem.

What happens if you click on the refresh in the dashboard then close the app and re-open it on a dashboard? 

Thanks,

Yaron

Thanks for the reply Yaron,

Sorry, not sure I fully understand the steps in the question.  I did try refreshing every area in the App I could find and restarting it, no change.  Refresh points included the circle at the top right hand and mid left hand.  Both at the workspace level and dashboard level.  It does display "Up to date" briefly, before reverting to the failed to load error.

Noticed a couple of other side points which may or may not be relevent:

- None of my dashboards or reports will load within the app or Cortana (This PC Only)

- The example reports DO load and work.  But no other reporting or dashboards. (They are available as menu items, but will not open)  (Again, they all work great on other devices)

William

Thanks for this info.

We are investigating this issue and will report back.

Thanks,

Yaron

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors