09-04-2016 04:57 PM
One of the things - to us - having worked with BOTH Power BI and Datazen for well over a year now is the following:
1) Datazen has an amazing "templating feature" that allows for an incredidibly "productive" RE-USE "functionality"!
For example, we can take a "CFO Dashboard" for customer A and "re-use" it for customer, B - Z. I would guess that within a large Enterprise, this would allow "multiple Division/Businesss Unit dashbaords" = full and/or partial "CLONES" of each other!!!
2) While Power BI allows for "dashboard elemnt re-sizing", Datazen simply takes that to a another level of "parametric design and object modeling" = the "OBJECT, like a clustered bar chart" is FIRST placed - AND THEN - the "paramters are set/adjuested"! We simply do NOT find Power BI "parametric editing" as EASY to use - but they appear to 180 degress DIFFERENT and highly unlikely of any "convergence"!
3) Like in a CAD "program", Datazen operates on a "snap-to-grid" system - up to 6 row X 12 columns currently = a LOT of real estate in a 1920 x 1080 pixel screen with "no scrolling".
4) Datazen, because of the "mutiple dashboards and templates" offers a "viewer + a manger + an easy way" of saving either to a local file, saving to the server, or opening an existing dashboard - re-naming it - and modifying the original.
5) We currently have "so many" dahboards that "the Datazen "style THUMBNAIL" = a nearly exact "minature PICTURE" of the full dahboard - just makes it so easy to find and choose versu the Power BI "standard ICON with a name"!
I surely could list several more, but it's Labor day weekend in the US and time for the barbeque!
SUMMARY: Thank you for asking = WE LOVE BOTH "Mobile Reports Publisher" (Datazen Technology - AND - Power BI !!!
It's just "at this stage at least" that SSRS 2016 "looks like an "EXPENSIVE and LUXURY CLASS" Mercedes, BMW, Audi, Jaguar, Tesla, Ferrrairi, Cadillac STS, Lexus, etc.
Power BI just "LOOKS FAR LESS EXPENSIVE" and "therfore DIFFICULT" to achieve the BIG $$$ !!!
Simply look at Power BI "Showcase" and easily SEE HOW "almost everyone" is going through "GREAT EFFORT" too make Power BI "look FAR RICHER"!!! (YET, you must be a Jedi Master to even consider HOW - on YouTube videos - these "authors" are explaing HOW they did it !!! We are VERY "technical" and Datazen is simply an EASIER PATH to full HTML5 "mobile dashboards" !!!
It sure would be nice to get an "UPDATE" on this which was "STARTED on May 12, 2016" = NOW, almost 4 MONTHS LATER !!!
PS Power BI has "open source visuals and the HUGE D3.js *** KILLER *** "VISUALIZATIONS" + extensive R integration" = a "KILLER" PLUS !!!
... but simply "looks" like an "old technology" compared to Datazen !!!
Thanks for asking = I DO HOPE that you continue to ASK this community !!!
09-04-2016 05:21 PM
I'd like to add that "ANY characterization of Datazen being ON-PREMISES - versus - Power BI is "IN the Cloud" would simply "MISS" that ALL of our SSRS 2016 - Mobile Report Publisher (Datazen Technology" ...
IS, 100% Azure "VMs" !!!
Isn;t THIS the "Cloud"???
So, perhaps a "more accurate characterization" would be "SSRS 2016 Enterprise BI and BA" - versus - Power BI as it "currently exists"!
Would you agree?
09-06-2016 02:16 AM
I would like to have the "comment" capability of Datazen in Power BI Apps, then Service.
-the person who comment
-the position of this comment on the vizualization
-the edited functionnality of all comment (not just like the one on yammer)
-the "like" comment to express your opinion
---and so far---
-the reply functionnality to that comment
-consult all the history of each edited comment
-and so far, all the emotional status like : angry, sad, ..just like facebook.
Thanks in advance,