Highlighted
Frequent Visitor
Accepted Solution

Will Datazen be integrated w/ Power BI? If so, what is the roadmap and timing?

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solutions

Re: Will Datazen be integrated w/ Power BI? If so, what is the roadmap and timing?

In the near term Datazen will continue to focus on on-premise scenarios and integrate more deeply with SQL Server in the 2016 release. In the long run we are looking at ways to integrate with Power BI and we'll make the appropriate announcements when that plan solidifies.

Having said that, let me turn this around and ask you (and the rest of Power BI community): are there specific capabilities of Datazen that you would like to see in Power BI? Your input is incredibly valuable to us.

Many thanks,

Miljan.

View solution in original post

All Replies

Re: Will Datazen be integrated w/ Power BI? If so, what is the roadmap and timing?

In the near term Datazen will continue to focus on on-premise scenarios and integrate more deeply with SQL Server in the 2016 release. In the long run we are looking at ways to integrate with Power BI and we'll make the appropriate announcements when that plan solidifies.

Having said that, let me turn this around and ask you (and the rest of Power BI community): are there specific capabilities of Datazen that you would like to see in Power BI? Your input is incredibly valuable to us.

Many thanks,

Miljan.

I think that once Power BI has parity with DataZen in terms of robust visualizations, the issue of integrating Power BI and DataZen will go away. DataZen and Power BI is really not so much an integration issue in my opinion as it is SaaS / subscription licensing model vs. on premise / unlimited usage licensing model, which is a great question that we don’t really have a good roadmap answer for yet, at least from what I have seen and can remember.

Frequent Visitor

I would love to see the offline capability of Datazen to be incorporated in Power BI. I heard rumors that something like that was in the pipe.Otherwise I think Datazen is a good tool for those organizations that has not yet taken the leap to the cloud.

Power BI Desktop is a good fit for the off line usecase.

Frequent Visitor

I would love to see the integration capabilities (deep linking through URI) come into Power Bi

Occasional Visitor

Yes, Datazen needs to support Fiscal Calendars so that organizations can report on and compare their results using their Company's fiscal days, weeks, periods.  For example; many retail Companies use a 13 accounting periods; often 4 weeks + 4 weeks + 5 weeks = a fiscal quarter.  The Datazen interactivity on a mobile device is the best I have seen; the show stopper for our Company is the lack of support for a fiscal calendar. Please add this to the poduct.  Thank you. K. Scott Gray, CFO Luby's Inc.

Frequent Visitor

Adding drilling capabilities into PowerBI  would be of tremendous value.  If this was added, this would solve 90% of my problems/concerns at this point in time.

Datazens date Slicer is fast and easy to use with great visual references. Its easy to setup and will be very hard to improve upon.

Ted

Regular Visitor

So long as all your measures are additive, the Datazen slicer is wonderful.  Otherwise, not so good.