Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Matt00001
Regular Visitor

Using deep link from another App to call SSRS 2016 mobile Reports with Params possible?

Hi,

I wonder if the call of a mobile report from another App located on our own SSRS 2016 will have success ?

regarding this article one needs the ID of a powerbi report to create a deep link 

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/powerbi-mobile-deep-link-specific-location/

but i have to call something like that

mspbi://app/OpenTile?MyDemoSSRS/MyReports/ThenameoftheReport?rs:embed=true&Mydataset.@param=Somevalue&mydataset1.@param=Othervalue

Would this be possible ? If not thats my suggestion for further development.

THx!!! You do a Great job!

Best Regards, Matthias

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-sihou-msft
Employee
Employee

@Matt00001

No, it's not possible. The URI access can only navigate to objects hosted on Power BI Service. Even we can access SSRS 2016 via Power BI Mobile App, the report server is still hosted on on-permise environment.

Regards,

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
v-sihou-msft
Employee
Employee

@Matt00001

No, it's not possible. The URI access can only navigate to objects hosted on Power BI Service. Even we can access SSRS 2016 via Power BI Mobile App, the report server is still hosted on on-permise environment.

Regards,

Hi Simon,

I believe nothing has changed or planned to change on this capability, is that correct?

Thanks,

Hitesh

Hi @hiteshpatel1983

They are forwarding the requested feature to different person, I'll keep you in touch.

Thanks @leed

That is good to know. Can you please share more details as and when you can?

Thanks

Hitesh

Hi @hiteshpatel1983

Below is all I have :

Adding Roy and Gabi for this feature request.

Thanks,

Maxim

Sent: Sunday, October 29, 2017 18:04
To: LE Dung Anh <dung.anh.le@pierre-fabre.com>; Power BI Mobile Support <mpbisup@microsoft.com>; Maxim Shklar <maximsh@microsoft.com>
Subject: RE: link to a specific location in the Power BI mobile apps - with ?filter element

Thanks for your report

Adding Maxim.

Sent: Friday, October 27, 2017 6:11 PM
To: Power BI Mobile Support <mpbisup@microsoft.com>
Subject: link to a specific location in the Power BI mobile apps - with ?filter element

Hello @mobileteam,

I would like to filter a report based on URl deep link with : ?filter=<table>/<filed> eq 'value'

This one works great on service. But do this work in the app?

In more details :

1/ So I published my Power BI application (in Power BI Service - App WorkSpace).

2/ Then I filter this app's report with app filter - it works well

3/ But when I tried to do the same thing at the 1st step – add ?filter - in mobile app it doesn't work.

Do you know when it will be available? (Because as I can see, with deep link URL fitler we can go until he report level, it's just missing the ?filter level )

Thank you,

Dung Anh

Hi @leed

Thanks for sharing the info. However, I don't see it being specifc to SSRS Mobile reports, is that correct? What I am looking for is ability to deep link to call an SSRS Mobile report.

Thanks,

Hitesh

Hi,

Today we do not have deep link to Power BI mobile reports on mobile apps.

Please open an idea for that in Power BI Ideas and we will prioritize it according to the interest in this feature.

Thanks,

Gabi

Hi @gabil , 

Sorry, I might mis-understand your confirmation " Today we do not have deep link to Power BI mobile reports on mobile apps."

What I understand and I already suceffully applied in real life is :

We do have deep link in the Power BI mobile reports on mobile apps:

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/powerbi-mobile-deep-link-specific-location/

But my topic is about adding ?filter is this deep link. And I'm waiting for an answer about " we can or we can not?". And if we can, when it will be available?

Thank you,

Dung Anh

Hi Leed,

The links that you refered to are related to Power BI service objects like dashboard, report and tile.

The link requested above is to SSRS object named "Mobile Report", which is different from Power BI Report.

I hope this clarifies.

Thanks,

Gabi

Hi Gabi,

Thanks for your reply and confirmation.

I will check to see if such an idea already exists in the community. If not, I will create one.

Thanks,

Hitesh

Hi @v-sihou-msft

How about adding a filter to the link? for eg: ?filter=<table>/<filed> eq 'value'

This one works great on service. But do you know how to make it possible in the app? Or will it be possible through the app?

Thank you,

Dung Anh

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors