Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

shamsuddeenvp
Post Patron
Post Patron

Title of the charts are not showing in mobile

Dear,

Noticed that chart titles are not showing up in the mobile view of the report. 

Also is there any limit of the visulas to pin in mobile view as I am able to pin 10 items only.

Br,

Shams

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
MaximShklar
Power BI Team
Power BI Team

Hi everyone,

We are aware of this behavior, and are currently working to reintroduce the titles.

Stay tuned for updates.

Thanks,

Maxim

View solution in original post

17 REPLIES 17
Gena928
Frequent Visitor

I instelled PowerBI mobile application about 7 days ago and the problem is still there.

Please fix ASAP!

Hi,

On top of the information Maya requested please note if you are consuming the PBIX via the PowerBI web services or using the Power BI Report Server (on-prem report). If it is the latter I would also recommned update the server.

Thanks,

Shay

Gena928
Frequent Visitor

OK, I'll get samples and send you all information by mail.

===small note for history===

I got information from Microsoft that this bug is going to be fixed in next release of PowerBI Report Server, in the end of March.

Thanks everyone for support.

Gennadiy

Hey,

Can you please send us more details + screenshots of the problem you are experiencing to this email address mpbisup@microsoft.com?

we will OS, app version, type of report you have the probelm (is it phone optimized?)

thanks Maya

MaximShklar
Power BI Team
Power BI Team

Hi everyone,

We are aware of this behavior, and are currently working to reintroduce the titles.

Stay tuned for updates.

Thanks,

Maxim

v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @shamsuddeenvp,

I think you can take a look at following link which mentioned about the similar issue:

Power BI desktop allows for a lot of customization on a visualization's title, a title can have a lot of font types, font sizes colors and background colors.

This formatting is shared between the desktop layout and the phone layout.

Since a phone is much smaller than your desktop screen, having the same titles in both the desktop view and the phone one may result in a sub-optimal experience.

To accommodate this, phone reports optimizes the visualization title and places it on top of the visualization in the phone report.

To view the visualization's title, select the visualization in your phone report's view by simply tapping it this will show the visualizations header menu and it's title.

Referenc link:

Gauge Titles didn't work in mobile view

Regards,

XIaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Agreed, the user expereince of my mobile view has been killed.

THanks @v-shex-msft

I am aware that title appears when we tap the visual, however idea for the mobile view is just to scroll down to get the info and until unless user really need more details, would not tap the visual.

If it is becasue of the space constraint, it would be good to give the option to provide separate title (short) for mobile view.

Br,

Shams

This is not an acceptable solution. Please adjust this back to having the title show without pressing.

I completely agree, tapping to see a title is not a solution.

There clearly is space to display a title, hence it pops up when you tap on a chart.  I would also suggest making the snap-to-grid smaller on the mobile view, as I am currently forced to show tiles that are far bigger than I would prefer.

Matt M

Agree that tapping to see Title is not acceptable, please resolve this ASAP.

Thank you for fixing this!!

Im continuing having this issue in the latest version of report server and mobile app for iOS. @MaximShklar

Hi,

I'm sorry this problem happens again.

Can you send to mpbisup@microsoft.com a screenshot with the report visuals with missing titles?

Please also send the OS version number, iOS app version number.

Thanks,

Gabi

marcusearly
Advocate II
Advocate II

Support,

We are dealing with the same issue. One user now has missing titles in iOS but others do not.

This was working up until 9/11. 

Thank you for fixing this!

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Kudoed Authors