Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

H_E_Power_User
Frequent Visitor

Security for Power BI Mobile

Hello - I have a few questions regarding security on Power BI Mobile:

1 - Is there a way to require users to enter their Power BI password each time they access the app from their mobile device?

2 - Is there a way to require the app to timeout after a period of time and require users to enter their password again?

3 - If there is not a way to accomplish the above, can the mobile app feature be disabled completely?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi,

In Addition you can use the Conditional Access capabilities to require users to always use multi factor authentication or limit access from non corporate networks.

Thanks,

Gabi

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
RomiK
Employee
Employee

Hi,

This capabilities are only available using Microsoft intuneintegrated with the Power BI app.

Microsoft Intune enables organizations to manage devices and applications. The Power BI mobile applications, for iOS and Android, integrate with Intune to allow you to manage the application on your devices, and to control security. Through configuration policies, you can control items like requiring an access pin you mentioned below.

please refer to this article for more details: https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/powerbi-admin-mobile-intune/

Hi,

In Addition you can use the Conditional Access capabilities to require users to always use multi factor authentication or limit access from non corporate networks.

Thanks,

Gabi

Thank you Romi!  Is there a configuration that would deny unmanaged mobile devices access from connecting to the company environment?  The issue being that while InTune addresses the concerns above, what happens if a user were to download Power BI Mobile direclty onto an unmanaged/personal device (would they be able to bypass the configured InTune settings)?  

The same question is posed out here (in the video comments thread) and seems to be unresolved: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HF-qsdQvHw&lc=z121wfwj0l3hv1pgf04chrqjennkhz3pktk0k

pls reply me if you found any solutions for this.

Thanks.

-PT

Hi H_E_Power_USer,

Did you find solution for your question!!

If yes, please share with me too.

Thanks.

-PT

Hi H_E_Power_User,

Did you find solution for your question!!

If yes, please share with me.

Thanks.

-PT

Hi - Yes but you must use the Microsoft InTune Company Portal app to control access and security that is lacking without use of InTune. 

OK. I can manage security with Intune, but how I control unmanaged app that downloaded directly from web and not from Intune.

Thanks.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Kudoed Authors