Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Scrolling issue in mobile layout of report

When the user taps on any visual scrolling get "disabled" for the whole report.

Detailed explanation: 

- Tap on any visual on the report.

- Try to Scroll by keeping the finger inside the selected control (the one on which you have tapped in the previous step) - Scrolling will not work.

- When you try scrolling by keeping finger outside the visual, the scroll will work fine.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hey ankitm-optimus,

The behavior you are describing is actually by design, and not a bug.

We're disabling scrolling of the report when the gestures starts in a selected visual.

This is done to allow the user a smooth interaction with the data inside the visual.

To enable report scrolling, you just need to tap/scroll outside of the visual.

Thanks, Maya

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
yarivm
Power BI Team
Power BI Team

Hi

Regarding Scrolling, we are working on a fix and will share more details next week.

Can you check this workaround:

"If the customer wants to scroll horizontally he needs to first start scrolling vertically and then (without raising the finger) scroll left/right because the vertical scrolling is still working."

Thanks

Yariv

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello @yarivm,

The scenario that I have explained above for the scrolling issue. I am facing this issue with Vertical scroll itself.

Vertical Scroll is not working for me. I don't have the horizontal scroll in my report.

Hey ankitm-optimus,

The behavior you are describing is actually by design, and not a bug.

We're disabling scrolling of the report when the gestures starts in a selected visual.

This is done to allow the user a smooth interaction with the data inside the visual.

To enable report scrolling, you just need to tap/scroll outside of the visual.

Thanks, Maya

Hi @mshenhav

If a mobile report contains a lot of controls to be displayed, in that case, based on grid designing, we are unable to provide empty space just for scrolling purpose.

Grid-based designing for phone-layout strict a control to occupy the cell in whole. Thus, preventing resizing of controls as per need.

For vertical scroll to be enabled, it seems like we need to leave some empty cells within the report. In our case, if we leave empty cells in the report, look and feel of the report gets distorted and there seems to be a lot of blank space available.

Is there a way we can design the phone-layout without using grids and resizing the controls based on our need?

Any workaround will be appreciated.

Thanks

Hey @Sakshi,

You should be able to scroll a report just by taping ourside of a selected visual and scrolling.

You cannot avoid the grid-based alignment, but we do plan to increase the canvas lenght, so you will have more room in the canvas. This is expected to be released in this Q.

Maya

Hi @mshenhav

Solution you described will not resolve poor user experience (especially when given visual covers most of the screen). I think that more natural behavior should be that when you are in a visual scroll gesture first scrolls visual's content and then when it hits end of it is should scroll the whole report (or if visual does not have v-scroll just scrolls normally)

'Escaping' from visual by clicking outside of it is very confusing (when I got to this I thought that something is wrong with report or report embedding; same feedback from few other guys). 

Do you plan to do something with it in near future? 

Thanks in advance,

Jakub

Hey @pyskaty,

Thank you for your feedback. We are looking into providing improved interaction model with report and visuals.

I cannot share more details at this point, as we are still investigating best approach.

Regards, 

Maya

Is this issue resolved. We are also facing the same issue. 

Hey @Surekha ,

Can you please porovide more details on the issue you are facing with scrolling?

Please describe the scenario, device in use, app version.

Thanks Maya

We are using embeded power BI and when trying to open the report in the ios devices like Iphone and ipad , scroll is not working and not able to scroll down to see the entire report. In the browser we are trying. Tried with Safari and Chrome its the same issue.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Kudoed Authors