Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ricamiller
Frequent Visitor

SSRS 2016 Power BI android app doesn't render correctly

Hi there,

I am using SQL Server 2016 RC2 on an Azure VM, SSRS, and mobile reports.

I have created several mobile reports and tested them on my Windows 7 PC, IPad, and Android.

About the time RC3 was released, the Android Mobile app started rendering my mobile reports incorrectly e.g. they only show a couple of lines and are completely unusable.

The sample apps render fine and my custom reports render fine in the report builder and IPad mobile app. This is the mobile report aka Data Zen, not the paginated reports.

I tried reinstalling my android app and recreating the reports, but nothing seems to make them work on the android mobile app.

Any ideas of what to try?

Thanks,

Ric

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Please update your android app. It is working again.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
mirandage

Hi,

I'm having the same situation, I created some mobile reports using Sql Server Mobile Report Publisher (Build 1.0.3737.0) tested on SSRS RC3 looks great, but using Android Mobile Power BI App the report is not rendering correctly.

Any thoughts to try?

Grtz,

G.M.

Hi there,

The answer is there was a bug in the last runtime being used:

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/sqlserver/en-US/b57ebfdb-136e-483b-bbfc-dc362704f42d/ssrs-2...

Sorry for the late reply. I was traveling.

A fix may be out as soon as tomorrow.

Thanks,

Ric

Please update your android app. It is working again.

It looks like this issue has resurfaced again for the Android Power BI app. We are getting a "An error has occured, please try again." error when trying to view SSRS Mobile reports through the Power BI app on Android devices (report loading page stays spinning and report never loads up).

The issue is specific to Mobile reports that use a data source / data set that is published on the Report Server. Mobile reports using the Simulated Table datasets render fine.

Is the Power BI Team aware of this issue? Are there any fixes available?

Thanks,
Victor Rocca | www.victorrocca.com

In the latest app version we have addressed an issue which could have caused the symptoms your describing.

Can you please try to update to the latest app version (2.2.161027.111205) and see if the problem still happens?

Hi DBahat,

Just downloaded the Power BI update this morning and re-tested, and issue is still coming up. 

Thanks,
Victor Rocca | www.victorrocca.com

Hi Victor,

Can you please contact us at mspbisup@microsoft.com and provide us with the following info so we can try to help?

1. Your device model

2. Android version

3. Your device locale

4. Approximate time in which you failed to open a report

Thanks,

-David

Hi There,

We are facing issues with PowerBI SSRS Mobile reports.

"An error has occured, please try again." error comes up while trying to view SSRS Mobile reports through the Power BI app on Android devices (report loading page stays spinning and report never loads up).

The issue is specific to Mobile reports that use a data source / data set that is published on the Report Server.

Below is the device details:

1. Your device model  : Mi 4i

2. Android version : 5.0.2 LRX22G

3. Your device locale : India

4. Approximate time in which you failed to open a report : 28-06-2017 11 am

Kindly assist to fix this problem.

Hi There,

We are facing same issues with PowerBI SSRS Mobile reports.

"An error has occured, please try again." error comes up while trying to view SSRS Mobile reports through the Power BI app on Android devices (report loading page stays spinning and report never loads up).

The issue is specific to Mobile reports that use a data source / data set that is published on the Report Server.

Kindly assist us to fix this problem.

Thx.

Hi There,

We are facing same issues with PowerBI SSRS Mobile reports.

Kindly assist us to fix this problem.

Thx.

hey @RomiK are you aware of this issue?

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors