Frequent Visitor

Reports Don't Shrink to Fit in the iOS app for iPad

I have recently created a Power BI report using Power BI Desktop and published it to the cloud.  The report looks fine in the browser, Android app and the iOS app for the iPhone, but not for the iPad.  The report pages will not shrink-to-fit.  The only workaround I found that works, is to edit the report in the cloud, change the page size type from 16:9 to 4:3 and back again to 16:9, then save the report.

This is not a feasibile workaround since I have to perform these steps for each report page everytime I republish the pbix to the cloud.

Is this a bug in the iPad app or is there something I can do within the desktop version to prevent it?

Regards,

Stan

Super Contributor

Re: Reports Don't Shrink to Fit in the iOS app for iPad

Hi @StanL,

Can you share some detailed information about your issue? I test on ipad air 2 with power bi 11.8, this feature works well.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Frequent Visitor

Hi Xiaoxin,

I was using an older iPad 4th Gen using Power BI app version 11.6.  I updated the Power BI app to the latest version (11.8) and tried it again.  I had the same issue.  The Power BI report (not the dashboard) is not shrinking to fit the screen.

Cheers,

Stan

Super Contributor

Hi @StanL,

>> The Power BI report (not the dashboard) is not shrinking to fit the screen

Can you share some screenshots for this issue?

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng