Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

StanL
Regular Visitor

Reports Don't Shrink to Fit in the iOS app for iPad

I have recently created a Power BI report using Power BI Desktop and published it to the cloud.  The report looks fine in the browser, Android app and the iOS app for the iPhone, but not for the iPad.  The report pages will not shrink-to-fit.  The only workaround I found that works, is to edit the report in the cloud, change the page size type from 16:9 to 4:3 and back again to 16:9, then save the report.

This is not a feasibile workaround since I have to perform these steps for each report page everytime I republish the pbix to the cloud.

Is this a bug in the iPad app or is there something I can do within the desktop version to prevent it?

Regards,

Stan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @StanL,

I think the issue may related to the specified report, if this issue appears again, you can try to contact power bi mobile team and submit it with the sample file.(it will be help if it just a compatibility issue for specific file)

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @StanL,

Can you share some detailed information about your issue? I test on ipad air 2 with power bi 11.8, this feature works well.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Hi Xiaoxin,

I was using an older iPad 4th Gen using Power BI app version 11.6.  I updated the Power BI app to the latest version (11.8) and tried it again.  I had the same issue.  The Power BI report (not the dashboard) is not shrinking to fit the screen.

Cheers,

Stan

Hi @StanL,

>> The Power BI report (not the dashboard) is not shrinking to fit the screen

Can you share some screenshots for this issue?

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Hi Xiaozin,

Sorry for the delay.  Here is a screenshot of the issue from an iPad, using the latest version of Power BI Mobile.

iPad Power BI Shrink Issue.PNG

Regards,

Stan

Hi @StanL,

I test on version 11.8, the shrink to fit feature works on my side.

I'd like to ask for some detailed information to confirm where the issue is:
1. Does this issue appears on one report or all of them?
2. If you switch other account, did this issue appears again?
3. If you change an device to test, does it works well?

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

@v-shex-msft

So far it only appears on one report, but we only have a few dashboards in production.  This particular report started off using custom visuals from OKViz and we found they didn't work properly in the browser or in the mobile apps, so we stripped them out.

Switching accounts has no affect.  Everyone who views the dashboard gets the same issue.

This problem only occurs on iOS.  Android tablets don't suffer this problem.

Hi @StanL,

I think the issue may related to the specified report, if this issue appears again, you can try to contact power bi mobile team and submit it with the sample file.(it will be help if it just a compatibility issue for specific file)

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Thanks @v-shex-msft.  I'll have to watch for this with the next dashboard I create.

Cheers,

Stan

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Kudoed Authors