Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

dramus
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

Power BI on the iPhone - Using my location.

I noticed that the iOS App asks to use my location. Does anyone know where I can find more details on how to use this functionality from within my reports?

I'd like to be able to filter the data for just one of our factories based on the phones location. e.g. If the phone is in Ohio, I want to show the Ohio factory data.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ankitpatira
Community Champion
Community Champion

@dramus I think reason for ios app requesting to access your location is to center map based on the location so you see map visual centered to your location.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
ankitpatira
Community Champion
Community Champion

@dramus I think reason for ios app requesting to access your location is to center map based on the location so you see map visual centered to your location.

dramus
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

i hope at some point that the lat/long information can be made accessible as a parameter to the report. That would be nice!

Requesting the location is needed for a geo filtering capability that will be available soon.

It will give you the option to filter report by your current location.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors