Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

andykmwong
Helper III
Helper III

Power BI Mobile : How to data refresh

Hi Guys,

May I know or get some information below for Power BI Mobile :

1. Does Power BI Mobile able to refresh the data on mobile device ? or dashborads reports could only be view in mobile ? 

2. I used to publish the dashborads reports to the Power BI Services, then use the Power BI mobile app to fresh the data, but it prompts need a gateway ? Does mobile could install the gateway or any other components so to refresh the data on mobile ?

3. Any reference could get more information ?

Thanks !

2 REPLIES 2
Pascal_KTeam
Resolver I
Resolver I

Refreshing a dataset from your mobile can be achieved with Power Automate. i've created a video which shows you how it can be set up. Please take a look and if it helped it would be nice if you subscribed to the channel:

https://youtu.be/VOfQGPFxdzY

v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @andykmwong,

>>1. Does Power BI Mobile able to refresh the data on mobile device ? or dashborads reports could only be view in mobile ? 

Dashboard and report can refresh on mobile device.(drag down the dashboard/report to refresh)

>>2. I used to publish the dashboard reports to the Power BI Services, then use the Power BI mobile app to fresh the data, but it prompts need a gateway ?

You can setting these on power bi service side. Based on research, current gateway can only install on pc.(mobile not support)

If you want to learn more about how to use mobile, you can take a look at the get started document:

Power BI Documentation

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Kudoed Authors