Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

spiderrob
Advocate III
Advocate III

New Widgets crash iOS

If I add one of the new widgets to a dashboard, accessing on the Iphone iOS PowerBi crashes the app. This happens on both image and text insertion. Anyone else seeing the same?

Iphone 6 PowerBI version 5.6

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
orionlee
Employee
Employee

Thanks for posting, this is a known issue.

A short term fix will be available soon in the iOS app (submitted to Apple today) to prevent the crash and render an error/unsupported tile if a widget tile is detected, as currently the iOS app doesn't have support for rendering widgets.

We will be working on a subsequent update after that to allow the iOS app to render widgets, so keep an eye out in the near future for full widget support on iOS!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
orionlee
Employee
Employee

Thanks for posting, this is a known issue.

A short term fix will be available soon in the iOS app (submitted to Apple today) to prevent the crash and render an error/unsupported tile if a widget tile is detected, as currently the iOS app doesn't have support for rendering widgets.

We will be working on a subsequent update after that to allow the iOS app to render widgets, so keep an eye out in the near future for full widget support on iOS!

djnww
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

I had the unfortunate surprise of presenting our new dashboard to our board of directors that had never seen Power BI to date.

Right at the end of the demonstration, I asked all of them to open their iphone/ipads with the PowerBI app that I had installed earlier. The Text Widget caused the Power BI app to crash on most of their devices.

A very embarassing event !

Is there a page that highlights all known issues for reference purposes ?

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Kudoed Authors