Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

PBIuser01
Frequent Visitor

Mobile app does not see PBIRS desktop report

Background:

I have Power BI Reporting Services (PBIRS) setup and operational. Using the PBIRS specific PBI Desktop, I have created and tested several reports.  These reports can be accessed and used when connected to the PBIRS web portal.  So far so go.

Now, using the Power BI mobile app for Windows 10, I can connect to the PBIRS site. And I see the folders setup in PBIRS. 

So far so good - my PBI mobile app can connect to the PBIRS, and see the folders.

But I cannot see the Power BI Desktop reports, when using the PBI mobile connected to Power BI Reporting Services(PBIRS).  Same domain cred.'s.  Using the mobile app, when I click on the folder, the return is a blank screen.  I should see a listing of reports. 

Is this not supported? or is some setting not correct?, or what things can I check?

4 REPLIES 4
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @PBIuser01,

Current win10 power bi app seems not support PBIRS, on android and ios device these reports works well.(I'm not so sure if there contains any limitations on win 10 app)

Maybe you can try to use android/ios to instead. In addition, you can also contact to power bi mobile team to know more detail information.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

It seems to be the same on iOS, I try to get in touch with the support team already, let’s see the outcome.

best regards,

Thomas

Anonymous
Not applicable

Topic solved and also acknowledged from support, very kind and fast in their answers. As we moved from SSRS to PBIRS you have to clear the cache in the PowerBI mobile app. Afterwards it worked like a charm.

Best regards,
Thomas

Hello, can u say something about a https://mrecorder.com/ mobile recorder on Android. How can we use this application in our phones?

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Kudoed Authors