Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

97gesex
Frequent Visitor

Link to open report in the mobile app (instead of browser) not working

I followed the instructions and created a link which should open a report in the app. 

Link is as follows: mspbi://app/OpenReport?ReportObjectId=(code after the https://app.powerbi.com/view?r= generated by publishing report, no paranthesis)

When the link is clicked on my phone in the email, it opens the Power BI mobile app, then displays the message "Couldn't get data. Looks like this report is unavailable. It may have been deleted, you may not have permissions to open it, or the link you clicked on may be broken or expired."

Using IOS mobile app

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @97gesex.

Did you share a dashboard with this report with your co-worker?

The report is available for your co-worker only once it's shared. As there is currently no method of only sharing reports, you should create a dashboard with at least one tile visual connected to your new report and share this dashboard with your co-worker.

Then this link should be working for your co-worker as well.

Erez.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @97gesex,

Have you add any query parameters to this link? Current power bi mobile app not support open report link which contains url filter.

In addition, can you please share some detail content about your issue?(for e.g. ios version, power bi version, visual types, only appears on specific report/device?...)

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

I dont believe there's a url filter. It's just pulling data from  an excel sheet, and has 3 slicers on it to produce a couple of line graphs.

IOS 11.0.3, Power BI mobile version 14.7

I can open the report if I open the mobile app on my phone and go into my workspace, but I cant open it with an email link as stated above, nor can anyonoe I email the same link to.

Hi @97gesex.

Did you share a dashboard with this report with your co-worker?

The report is available for your co-worker only once it's shared. As there is currently no method of only sharing reports, you should create a dashboard with at least one tile visual connected to your new report and share this dashboard with your co-worker.

Then this link should be working for your co-worker as well.

Erez.

97gesex
Frequent Visitor

Update:

I used the link in the address bar of the browser (after https://app.powerbi.com/groups/me/reports/ and before /ReportSection) and it opened the report on my phone. However when I forwarded the link to a coworker, he got the same error message in the Power BI app after it opened. He's using IOS as well.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Kudoed Authors