Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

nbailey
Advocate I
Advocate I

Latest Android App Not Working

The App for Android recently updated on my phone to version 111050 on my Samsung S6 Active.  This morning I started getting multiple notifications on my phone for dashboards shared by people I do not know and that are not in my organization.  I attempted to log in to the app and it throws an error saying "We couldn't sign you in" with further description saying "Something went wrong during authentication process. Please try again or contact support."  I can log in successfully at PowerBI.com (and none of the dashboards I was getting notifications about on my phone appear through PowerBI.come).  If I'm technically not even signed into the PowerBI App, I'm not even sure how I cam getting notifications about shared dashboards...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

As for now, to prevent this notification experience we disabled the push notifications on Android.

We found the root cause of this issue and working to fix it. The permanent fix should be ready very soon.

Sorry for your inconvenience.

Thanks,

Yaron

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
nbailey
Advocate I
Advocate I

Screenshot_20160721-105821.pngScreenshot_20160721-111257.png

Hi,

Can you please provide the tenant that you are using?

All the best,

Yitzhak

As of this morning I am able to log in without issue and I have not received any additional phantom notifications beyond those that I posted about.  All appears to be working now - not sure what happened, but it seems to be resolved.

I didn't have issues with signing in, however, I have been receiving many dashboard share notifications from folks I don't know. Started happening 7/23.

Thanks for reporting on this issue.

We are investigating this notifications experience and will come up with a fix as soon as we find the root cause. I will updated this community thread soon.

Thanks,

Yaron

As for now, to prevent this notification experience we disabled the push notifications on Android.

We found the root cause of this issue and working to fix it. The permanent fix should be ready very soon.

Sorry for your inconvenience.

Thanks,

Yaron

Still getting this error and i can't sign in my Power Bi android version is 111398

Any ideas?

Cheers

Hi,

In order to help you we would need your device type and tenant name.

All the best,

Yitzhak

my tenant name is :- collabpoint
Device :- Xaomi model 2015161- (Redmi Note 3)

Android version:- 7.1.1

Hi there,
Still getting this error.This really need to be fixed by MS BI team.
Can do even a demo on my phone.
Please get back to me

Thanks for reporting on this issue.
Looking at the thread above I am not sure if you are refering to sign in issues or notifications issue.
Would be great if you could reach out through mpbisup@microsoft.com with the details so we cna further investigate the issue.

Thanks,
Ella

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors