Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

OlivierMoulin

IOS - Tiles with custom links redirect to Browser with Security error

Hello,

I am experiencing an issue with IOS mobile app. I have a dashboard with custom link for each tile, linking to other dashboard with live-pin reports in them (system of overview - details).

The dataset has security enabled on it and all the dashboards are sent to the workspace the users will access using Content Packs.

Everything works fine on browsers.

On IOS mobile app, the first dashboard (overview) works well, but when clicking on the tiles to access the other dashboards (details), the system send us to IOS browser app and display a security error (unable to check security ...)

When accessing the workspace where the dashboard are created (the dashboards are created on one workspace and sent to the user workspace using content pack), the mobile app works well ...

Any idea ?

5 REPLIES 5
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @OlivierMoulin,

Can you please share more detail contents about this issue?(E.g: App version, IOS version, screeshots, datasource type...)

In addition, is this issue appears on other devices? If you test with mobile web browser, did this issue appears?

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Hi,

The app version is the last one on IOS : 15.4

This issue appear on all user devices on which we have tested.

It appear only when accessing the reports through a workspace where we have imported the content pack, but not when browsing the initial workspace where the reports,datasource and dashboard are stored.

What is strange, is that it send me to another workspace. (an old workspace where the datasource was originaly created before to move to the current workspace where all dashboard and reports are created, which we export to the user_display workspace through content pack). The dashboard and reports we use have never been located on the old workspace, only the datasource)

Please see screenshots attached.First screen with buttonsFirst screen with buttonswhat we get when clicking on a tile in the first screen.what we get when clicking on a tile in the first screen.

Hello @OlivierMoulin. I'm Erez, a software engineer working in the Power BI for iOS team.

Sorry for the trouble you're experiencing.

How did you create the tile link between the artifacts?

Did you use a custom URL (External link) or a link to a current dashboard/report in the current workspace? Check this in the tile edit details view as the photo attachment shows.

Tapping a dashboard tile with a link to another artifact shouldn't cause leaving the app and going to Safari.

In case it's a custom URL, can you share the URL?

Thanks.

Capture.PNG

I use the standard link, selected in the dropdown.

Thank you for the information.

This feature is currently not supported in content packs for mobile, but is fully supported in apps:

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/distribute-to-large-audiences-with-power-bi-apps/

An app is installed as a separate package from the rest of the workspace and can have tile links to dashboards and reports within the app.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Kudoed Authors