Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Drill mode

Hi,

I have a Bar-Chart that shows revenue for the following hierachie: Sales Area > Sales Team > Sales Rep > Customer

Within the Desktop App and the PowerBI Website I can activate the Drillmode in the top right corner. This way, if I select the Bar of "Area 1" it does not use this selection as a filter for other visualizations - but rather shows me the revenue of all sales team ONLY within the "Area 1" (as expected).

However when using the iPhone App I seem to be lacking this functionality (or I haven't found how to enable it). When opening this Bar Chart in the iPhone App I can use the drill down mode: unfortunaltly this is going to show me the revenue of ALL the Sales Teams of ALL Areas.

What I would like to do in the App is selecting one of the bars of the bar chart and only drill down within this single bar!

Is there a way to do this?

Thanks a lot!

Chris

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @Anonymous,

Based on test, current drill feature still works on my side. 

4.png3.png

Notice: current drill feature only works on phone report, you can find the drill options at focus mode.

Can you share more detailed information about this issue?

Reference link:

Now in preview: Optimize your phone experience with customizable reports

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @Anonymous,

Based on test, current drill feature still works on my side. 

4.png3.png

Notice: current drill feature only works on phone report, you can find the drill options at focus mode.

Can you share more detailed information about this issue?

Reference link:

Now in preview: Optimize your phone experience with customizable reports

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello @v-shex-msft

thanks for your reply!

According to your screenshots: if you tap the button "show next level" I assume you would see the next level in the hierarchy BUT for all 4 Quarters and for the years 2015 to 2017, right?

What I would like to do is (in your example) to highlight Q1/2015 and then drill down - ONLY for this selection. This would be equivalent to clicking the button in the top right corner in the desktop app and then clicking the Q1/2015 bar:

pbi_drill.jpg

Thanks for your help!

Chris

Hi @Anonymous,

No, I found it only drill all records to next level. Perhaps you can post this request to ideas to improve the drill feature.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors