Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

gooranga1
Power Participant
Power Participant

Date format on slicer on mobile app

I have noticed and I don't think it was like this before is that now in the mobile phone app for power bi all date formats against sliders are all US format and I can see no way of changing that which is slightly annoying for non US date format customers.

mobile error.PNG

6 REPLIES 6
RGMS
Employee
Employee

Hi @gooranga1

Power BI mobile apps use the device settings to determine how to show dates and other formatted fields.

This is done to ensure that every user sees dates in the format they are used to.

You can change the devices’ regional settings to change the way the date is shown.

I hope this helped clarifying the issue.

We hope you continue to enjoy using the Power BI mobile apps.

Roy Gal
gooranga1
Power Participant
Power Participant

Hi @RGMS,

I have a galaxy s5 neo and it has the attached setting in language but the dates on slicers are all mm/dd/yyyy not dd/mm/yy. Are they other regional settings I have to set on the phone?

Screenshot_20170813-120520 (002).png 

Hi @gooranga1,

As RGMS said, the date from will follow your region setting.(UK date format: dd/mm/yyyy)

You can try to modify your language to English(US) if it works on your scenario.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

hi @v-shex-msft ,

Whatever I chnage my language settings to in Android it makes no difference to the date format presented on a date slicer. I have checked iPhone and the date displays fine.

iPhone 5 displays ok.iPhone 5 displays ok.

I have made a test pbix file just using our date dimension and this also displays ok on power bi website but displays as US format only on Android. It makes no difference if I change Language to English (US) or English (United Kingdom).

Test pbix looks like this or US and UKTest pbix looks like this or US and UKChanging regional settingsChanging regional settings

I have had several colleagues check their phones and all the Android phones display as US format, all iPhones display as UK?

Having the same issue. Date filter on the mobile app using the American m/d/yyyy format even though language set to English (United Kingdom). Is there any new solution available since the question was originally asked?

Hi @gooranga1,

It sounds odd, perhaps you can report this scenario to power bi mobile team for further support.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors