Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Data Labels not displaying properly in line charts on the online version?

So I've created a line chart in Power BI with data labels. The labels show up fine on the desktop version, works great.

I've pushed this to the online version, and on the online version the labels don't show up. As I start to filter to narrow down the chart, the labels might appear, but also seem to get "stuck". I'll click on different filters and the lines themselves will change and update based on the new information, but the labels will not change and stay "stuck" in their original place (I almost thought it was a video card error if I wasn't able to duplicate it).

Perhaps I've done something wrong, and if that's the case let me know. But this issue was just recently noticed in a report that has been published for the last month or two, so I'm wondering if it has to do with an update to Power BI online.

Any ideas on what could be causing this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Anonymous If this is repeatable I would add it to the issues forum here, or see if someone has come across this as well and posted it already (then add your votes/comments). You'll get better traction for bug fixes.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

So I've created a line chart in Power BI with data labels. The labels show up fine on the desktop version, works great.

I've pushed this to the online version, and on the online version the labels don't show up. As I start to filter to narrow down the chart, the labels might appear, but also seem to get "stuck". I'll click on different filters and the lines themselves will change and update based on the new information, but the labels will not change and stay "stuck" in their original place (I almost thought it was a video card error if I wasn't able to duplicate it).

Perhaps I've done something wrong, and if that's the case let me know. But this issue was just recently noticed in a report that has been published for the last month or two, so I'm wondering if it has to do with an update to Power BI online.

Please advise and thanks.

Anonymous
Not applicable

One additional note is that not only do the labels work fine in Power BI desktop, they also work fine in the iPad app version as well. So far I've only encountered this issue in the online version.

@Anonymous If this is repeatable I would add it to the issues forum here, or see if someone has come across this as well and posted it already (then add your votes/comments). You'll get better traction for bug fixes.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG
Anonymous
Not applicable

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Kudoed Authors