Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Dashboard tiles showing up blank in mobile app

Hi,

I'm struggling with my visuals not showing as expected in the Mobile dashboard. When I pin a very simple visual (like a card) it shows properly in the Mobile app (iPhone) as well, but for more complex visuals (like bar charts), the tile will be empty - only the heading showing and the elipse. When going into expanded view I see the full visual as expected - but noting on the main view.

Is there any limitations for the mobile view that would explain this?

Appreciate any guidance on this subject!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi

We’ve reproduced the issue and we are working on a fix.

The fix will be on version 14.3 and should reach to store this week. (No final date yet)

As a workaround, can you please try to uninstall and install the app and verify?

Thank you, The Power BI team

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
Premkumar1

I am getting the same error in my mobile app, Dashboard tiles are showing up blank.

Issue Details:

I have created dashboard in PowerBI Online both web view and Phone view. Report tiles are pinned in Dashboard, Tiles are visible in Web view, The same tiles are not visible in Mobile app.The tiles are displaying as blank (empty). So i have uninstalled app and then re-installed again, at the first time view report tiles are visible in the mobile app, again after few mins automatically went to blank. The problem repeadly happened in the mobile app view. If anyone sort out of this issue will be helpful.

Specifications:
Mobile: Iphone
App: Power BI
Version: 15.5

Hey @Premkumar1,

Can you please browe the same dashboard in you mobile browser, and provide us informaion about the experiene you get there?

Please send us the informatio to Power BI Mobile Support <mpbisup@microsoft.com>.

Thanks Maya

Hi Maya,

Thanks for the support.

I have checked in the mobile browser as well as desktop browser the tiles are visible, The problem only in the mobile app. Dashboard tiles are not displaying in the Mobile Power BI App. As you mentioned, have sent an email to Power BI mobile support team.

Please solve this issue, it will be helpful.

Premkumar1

I am getting the same error in my mobile app, Dashboard tiles are showing up blank.

Issue Details:

I have created dashboard in PowerBI Online both web view and Phone view. Report tiles are pinned in Dashboard, Tiles are visible in Web view, The same tiles are not visible in Mobile app.The tiles are displaying as blank (empty). So i have uninstalled app and then re-installed again, at the first time view report tiles are visible in the mobile app, again after few mins automatically went to blank. The problem repeadly happened in the mobile app view. If anyone sort out of this issue will be helpful.

Specifications:
Mobile: Iphone
App: Power BI
Version: 15.5

Same problem here - it just started happening a few days ago. Uninstall and reinstall does not fix it. Please advise ASAP!

Hey dharland,

Can you please contact us in our support mail (mpbisup@microsoft.com) with the following details:

Mobile Phone type and OS

App version

pbix file

In addition, can you please try to view the dashboard using mobile native broswer, and let us know how's the experience is?

Thanks, Maya 

v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

Have you test on other devices to ensure if the issue only appears on your iphone device? Please share more detail information to help us clarify your scenario.

BTW, did you faced the similar issue like below link?

chart display problem in Power BI app

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Many thanks for the reply.

I also suspected it could be related to my specific setup or similar so I just added a colleageague as subscriber to this test dashboard. I don't know if that action itself solved the problem or if it was just a coincidence, but now it works on my phone, just as it should. Maybe the dashboard needs a subscriber to go full feature somehow. Weird thing is that the simple card visuals worked also before. For the details if someone comes across this thread down the road, we use a sharepoint list as datasource for this dashboard.

Thansk again!

Hi

We’ve reproduced the issue and we are working on a fix.

The fix will be on version 14.3 and should reach to store this week. (No final date yet)

As a workaround, can you please try to uninstall and install the app and verify?

Thank you, The Power BI team

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks! Reinstalling the app solved the issue. Now works as expected.

HI @Anonymous,

Maybe you can contact to power bi mobile team to confirm if the issue caused on specific device or other reason.(cache data, network, app version ...)

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Kudoed Authors