Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

SchumaRJ
Regular Visitor

Configuration of Mobile app fails on userid setup section with invalid name or passord

When setting up HTTPS connection to on premise Power BI server using the Mobile app.

When we configure the connect to server the mobile application configuration fails with name or password isn’t correct.

We can setup a connection using HTTP to this same server.

Phone is an iPhone and we are connecting using Mobile Iron to our system.

There are no error messages being generated on local on premise Power BI server.

4 REPLIES 4
SchumaRJ
Regular Visitor

Setting up Power BI Mobile app on iPhone to connect to on Premise Power BI Server. We can successfully connect using HTTP but when setting up HTTPS it fails when  on validation of the user id and password. 

Error message is User name or Password is't correct is what is showing on phone.

No error messages in Power BI Server logs.  Connection is going through Mobile Iron. 

Hi SchumaRJ,

I assume that the problem you encountered is related to using untrusted certificates on the iPhone device.

Please try to access the server from the Safari on the iPhone and check if you're able to do so.

I would assume that you cannot connect from browser as well (please send us screenshot).

In case you're using a local certificate on your server you/IT need to install the same certificate on the device and trust it in order to allow the mobile app to connect to the server using https protocol.

In case this doesn't help please contact us on mpbisup@microsoft.com with more details like the OS version and app version you're using.

Thanks,

Gabi

Hello Gabi,

I work with SchumaRJ, I manage the mobile devices for our company via MobileIron.  We use mobileiron to push multiple configurations and certificates.  As SchumaRJ stated, we are not able to access our on Premis PowerBi instance via an iOS device or Mac OS Device.  The certificate that we used for the PowerBi server is from our internal CA, and these devices do have the certificate from our internal CA on the iOS and Mac OS devices.  I have attached multiple screenshots, they include error images from the powerbi app and in safari, power bi app version, ios version, and a screenshot of the certificate on the devices.  Please advise what else we can do.  

I sent the screenshots to the email (mpbisup@microsoft.com).

Thanks,

Brad

Is it possible to know if you succeeded in configuring MobileIron and Power BI to access dashboards on your mobile phone?

Kind regards,

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors