Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

m_i_k_e
Regular Visitor

Cannot connect to SSRS server in Power BI app

I cannot connect to an SSRS server from the iPhone. When I try I get an error stating Server Address Not Valid. I can connect on other remote computers, but not on my phone. I added the entry for basic in my confic file, and opened a port in the firewall, but I still canot connect.

5 REPLIES 5
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @m_i_k_e,

I'd like to ask for some detail contents to know your issue clearly.

1. Can you confirm your device was connect to the same network with the server of ssrs?

2. Can you use other devices which has power bi app to login in this SSRS service?
3. Does this issue only appeared on your iphone or all of iphone devices?

4. Which mode you try to connect, server name/ip address?

It will be help for troubleshooting if you share some detailed information.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

This is for a POC so it is the first time.

1. I didn't have the iphone connect to the same network. I wanted to not have that limitation.

2. I can access through th web, but this is the first device I am trying to connect with
3. There is only one iphone i am working with right now

4. I tried both server name and IP address

Hi @m_i_k_e,

>>1. I didn't have the iphone connect to the same network. I wanted to not have that limitation.It seems like you have some misunderstanding of my description, I want to know your iphone device is at the same network of the SSRS. If they aren't in a same network, the device can't find out the ssrs service and it will show the "address invalid".

>>2. I can access through th web, but this is the first device I am trying to connect with

Current,power mobile app and web browser use the same connector to connect, if you can connect the server at your pc browser it means you correct setting the ssrs service, the issue not related to SSRS service.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Is there not a way for the i[hone to detect without them being on the same network? I was hoping to find a way for users to hit a report all over the country. Even when they are on LTE.

Hi @m_i_k_e,

If you want to access your ssrs servicer at outside network, you need to config a vpn for it.(It not a simple work)

Reference link:

SSRS for outside network access

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors