Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

naijacoder
Frequent Visitor

Can't login to Power Bi Mobile android app

Hi All,
    I donwloaded Power BI app from google play store hoping its going to just work like a charm but i'm getting error:-

We couldn't sign you in
Something went wrong duing authentiction process

Anyobe got this error before or can anyone help 😞
The app is for sure the latest app

13 REPLIES 13
Leo_PH
Regular Visitor

Hi All,

Can i ask you guys how to change the mobile number in powerbi(Log in page of power bi)?

Thank you

Assaf
Employee
Employee

Hi,

Thanks for informing us about the problem.

Can you please send your tenant name, and device information such as model, brand, android version?

Can you please try to login from another device if it's possiable?

You can also address to our support mail mpbisup@microsoft.com if it's more convient.

We will be happy to help.

Reargds,

Assaf

my tenant name is :- collabpoint
Device :- Xaomi model 2015161- (Redmi Note 3)

Android version:- 7.1.1

I can successfully login from desktop etc...

Hope to hear from you.

Thanks

Hi @naijacoder,

I think you should check your account first, some of the domain/company setting only allow the verificated account to login.

If this is a case, you should submit the request about login in mobile app, after finish the verify steps, you can login in your account to mobile app.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Hi Xiaoxin,
Thanks for the reply but no sure what you meant.
How can i confirm my account when i told you i can login normally via the desktop and web.
Direct me to the mobile app login you are referring to.

Hi @naijacoder,

>>How can i confirm my account when i told you i can login normally via the desktop and web.

For example, if I try to login in my microsoft account to power bi mobile, I have to pass the phone authentication.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Hi,

Thank you for the information.

Did you tried to login from a differnt android device?

Do you changed your lock screen recently?

Thanks,

Assaf

No not at all
Haven't tried to login from a diffrent device

Hi,

We suspect that the problem is in the device\android version and it's comunication with the android keystore.

The problem is loading data from a storage that Android provides when applications trying to read from (it's less related to the application itself).

It may be a combination of device type with android version 7.1.1

We are looking at this issue.

1. Can you please change the device lock screen? Try to remove it and than login to the application.

It's somthing that we notice in our internal testing that may help.

2.which language your mobile device?

3. If you have the option to test it from a differnt device than it will help.

If it will not help than please address to our support mail mpbisup@microsoft.com for further investigation.

Thanks,

Assaf

Thanks for the reply Assaf

1. Can you please change the device lock screen? Try to remove it and than login to the application.

It's somthing that we notice in our internal testing that may help.

Will give this a shot

2.which language your mobile device?

English

3. If you have the option to test it from a differnt device than it will help.

Will do and let you know

I´m having the exact error and no one does anything: The exact message is this: We couldn´t sign you in. Couldn´t authenticate because your device´s keystore couldn´t be accessed. Please try reinstalling the app (i did it like 10 times). If the problem persists, please contact your IT or support". Completely stuck on this. 

I'm glad you posted  and confirm you are facing the same issue.
Hope someone from Microsoft could help resolve this issue or at least give some recommendations

Thanks for reporting can you please contact mpbisup@microsoft.com with decive type, OS version, tenant name and we will be happy to help here.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors