Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Jimbok11

Business account redirect fail

When I enter my company email address (which is linked to Office 365) it wants to redirect me to my corporate login page within the app.

While this works fine on the desktop, within the app it fails. Both on android and iPhone.

Any suggestions?

8 REPLIES 8
Jimbok11

I'm using the yellow Piwer BI app as well...

Hmm, we have an O365 site as well but I always get the "standard" Microsoft login page. Are you guys doing something a little different with your site like maybe Azure AD premium or something? Sounds like your O365 setup might be a little different than mine as I never get what I would consider a dedicated O365 site logon. Seems like there is something different that  you are seeing than what I am used to.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

O365 admin can customise the login page..so when you enter your email@company.com it redirects you in the custom page.

In AAD you can manage mobile logins, devices used by users, so probably you may need to contact O365 admin of your company, maybe he applied some rules. I am not an expert at AAD but I manage it for my company tenant (basic stuff)

@Greg_Deckler no need for AAD for changing the logon page..but you need to subscribe to Azure to access your O365 AAD..

Konstantinos Ioannou

Yeah, I have rights to our AAD in Azure actually, I'll have to go in and look at the settings. I know that ours is very vanilla, we haven't done much with customizing or configuring it. I'm not even certain what all the options are as I am not the primary manager of it. I agree with you, it sounds very much like some setting in AAD is causing the mobile app to fail, just a matter of tracking down that setting. At least we know it works in a vanilla configuration.

Latest book!:

Ours too  vanilla...Some custom image on login & some users multifactor authentication..

Go to AAD  -> Select the AD -> Configure -> Customize Branding

Untitled.png

Konstantinos Ioannou

Jimbok11

So, if I'm on my personal computer or logging into an app like Office 365 or onedrive I enter my corporate email address to connect. Microsoft picks up its a corporate email and redirects me to my company's dedicated Office 365 site.

On a desktop this redirect works fine but it seems to fail when apps need to redirect.

Does that make sense?
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

OK, I just tried this with the yellow Power BI app (not the green one, the one for O365). I just downloaded it to my Android phone, which I hate btw, opened it and signed in. Entered my email address, which is also registered with O365 but also tied to my Power BI site logon and I was able to get in.

I assume we are talking about the same app as I believe that the green Power BI app is only available on Windows devices like my Windows 10 Surface.

When you say "corporate login page" to what are you referring? Are you on a corporate network with your devices or is there some kind of redirection going on? Not sure exactly what you mean by "corporate login page"?

Latest book!:

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors