Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

jjohnnyl

Broker Assisted SSO and Power BI iOS mobile app

I've implemented in our in house app that logs you in to the Microsoft Authenticator (brokered assisted SSO), but when I open a freshly installed power BI it still asks me for the email address... after typing in the email address (no password) it authenticates fine.  Why do I have to force my users to type in their email address again? 

I feel it defeats the purpose of brokered assisted SSO.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
erezone
Employee
Employee

Hi @jjohnnyl.

We don't support SSO across apps with Power BI automatically at this point. This support is manually done using the Microsoft Authenticator app.

The reason that we require our users to insert the email address is Power BI's Soverign Clouds support (we need to determine the correct cloud that the email corresponds to before opening the Microsoft Authenticator app).

Erez.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
erezone
Employee
Employee

Hi @jjohnnyl.

We don't support SSO across apps with Power BI automatically at this point. This support is manually done using the Microsoft Authenticator app.

The reason that we require our users to insert the email address is Power BI's Soverign Clouds support (we need to determine the correct cloud that the email corresponds to before opening the Microsoft Authenticator app).

Erez.

Thanks erezone, anything in the pipeline for SSO for the iOS mobile app?

We have our company app that is basically an application suite, users first authenticate using ADAL and AAD.

Users can then launch Power BI from this app using the uri scheme (mspbi://app/), ideally we would like to pass through authentication for SSO since they are already logging into our application suite, the broker assisted SSO seems like our closest solution.

Hi,

We do not have a solution for this issue on our roadmap at the moment.

Please open an idea for that so we can understand what should be the priority of this item.

Thankls,

Gabi

gabil
Employee
Employee

Hi,

Can you clarify if you're referring to Power BI service or Power BI Report Server?

Thanks,

Gabi

Gabil, all I want to do is log into the iOS mobile app.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors