Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

jasonlosser
Helper I
Helper I

Are "Alerts" working for iOS?

I have a card-based dashboard that should allow alerting;  I have entered proper thresholds that would trigger an alert;  and have had the underlying dataset refresh frequently.

However, my app is not yielding an alert (?)

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
metaran
Employee
Employee

Thank you for reporting the issue with the data alerts in our iOS app.

It seems we're experiencing some issues with the push notification service of the alerts that affects some cases, not all. We're working on fixing it ASAP and will report once the service is fully operational.

we apologize for the inconvenience.

thanks,

Meital

View solution in original post

Hi,

Thanks for reaching out!

Alerts will appear only if the app is closed or in background.

Currently there is no push notification on alerts if the app is open and active.

Hope this answers your question.

BTW feel free to vote for this int our mobile  feedback forum :

https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi/suggestions/10350513-notifications

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
Dana
Employee
Employee

Hi,

We investigated the issue and the issue should be resolved.

Please download the latest version of the app from the app store and check if the issue still exist.

If you still facing the same issue, please report it and we will check it.

Please note the following data about Alerts and push-notifications:

• Once you set a rule an alert and a push-notification will be triggered only once.
  • For example, if you set a rule to Alert you that the number on the card tile is above 25 :

Once the data is refreshed and there is a change in the data, an Alert will be triggered (and a push notification will be sent if the app is closed on your mobile device).

If after a x time that number stays above 25, you will not receive another alert or push-notification.

If after x time the number comes back to be below 25 and after x time it will go up above this number again, you will receive an alert (and push- notification if the app is closed on your mobile device).

Thank you,

Dana.

Thanks - I will try today and post an update.

Unfortunately, still not working.    That's OK.   Many more important bugs to fix prior to this one.

Hi,

We have checked the feature from our end and it worked.

In order for us to fully understand the issue you reported about please see the explanation above about Alerts and Push Notifications. Are you unable to set the Alert or to receive the Push Notification?

Please note that the Push Notification are being sent only if the app is closed. If the app is opened you will receive an Alert on the Alerts area.

Thank you,

Dana.

Just to be clear, does the app actually have to be closed (it cannot be running in the background)? I get alerts in the app's alert section, but am not receiving push notifications. I do have the app configured to send them.

Hi,

Thanks for reaching out!

Alerts will appear only if the app is closed or in background.

Currently there is no push notification on alerts if the app is open and active.

Hope this answers your question.

BTW feel free to vote for this int our mobile  feedback forum :

https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi/suggestions/10350513-notifications

Hi, we are new to Power BI and dont seem to be able to get the Alerts set on IOS.

The Quesries are direct via the gateway.

As a simple test I have a count of the records in a given table using the "Card" visualizations.

I thought that would be the one we can have a notification on ? 

Hi @SteveM,

We have a known issue that alerts are currently not wokring on dashboards that are based on Direct Query.

We are working to fix this issue and also to bring some more new capabailites to the alerts feature.

You can expect to see this fix by end of month/early next month.

Thanks,

Yaron

metaran
Employee
Employee

Thank you for reporting the issue with the data alerts in our iOS app.

It seems we're experiencing some issues with the push notification service of the alerts that affects some cases, not all. We're working on fixing it ASAP and will report once the service is fully operational.

we apologize for the inconvenience.

thanks,

Meital

Dana
Employee
Employee

Hi,

The Alerts feature is currently available in our iOS iPhone app.

We are checking the issue you reported about and we will update soon.

Thank you,

Dana.

Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

Curious as to how you are setting thresholds and configuring Alerts, is that a feature of the iOS app only? I haven't found how to set that in the service or in the Android version of the app or the Windows Store App for Power BI.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
Mastering Power BI 2nd Edition

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Yes - it appears to be iOS only.   My analyst has an Android device and that does not allow him to configure Alerts.

At least I don't feel so bad that I don't have that feature if it doesn't work! Smiley LOL

Joking...

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
Mastering Power BI 2nd Edition

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Kudoed Authors