Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

"(Blank)" appears in PowerBI Service in Matrix control

Matrix visual looks good when viewed in PowerBI Desktop application, Version: 2.54.4970.961 64-bit (January 2018). But after deploying the report to PowerBI service "(Blank)" appears instead of keeping the cell blank.

Below is the link to a sample adventure works report 

https://app.powerbi.com/view?r=eyJrIjoiYzQ3OGY2ODEtMWE1Mi00OTYyLWIzOWItZGM4MGI5Y2M5NTc1IiwidCI6Ijc1N...

Comments
Anonymous
Not applicable

Below are the snapshots depicting the behavior.

Please not that this issue is impacting our production environment used by 400+ users, any prompt action on this would be appreciated

Blank_Issue.JPGBlank_Issue_1.JPG

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

I'm not able to reproduce the issue on my side. Please try to publish our test report to your Power BI service to see if the same issue occurs. 

w1.PNG

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Needs Info

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I did not get blank in the test file shared by you. But if the data is coming from a backend (SQL Server or Azure Analysis Services) I do get "(Blank)" in PowerBI Service for Matrix visuals, as shown in the images above.

Can you try with a report connecting to AAS, may be the sample data model

This is happening for existing reports as well, which used to show the data correctly before.

I see "(Blank)" only for row and/or column headers and not for value cells.

Regards,

Ashish

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Qiuyun Yu,

Do you have any updates on this issue?

Were you able to reproduce this issue with SQL or AAS as data source?

Regards,

Ashish

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

The issue has been reported internally before: CRI 57573231. 

The fix will be reach on PROD this week. Please test again after this week to see if the issue is gone. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Accepted