Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

power bi report server report with multiple data sources

I have a report with 2 data sources (MSSQL and MySQL) after I deploy the report to the report server I change the data source credentials and test them successfully. 

However when I set up a scheduled data refresh it fails with a login error to one of the data sources and when I go back into the data source and retest the connections one of the connections will fail. I then re-enter the credentials and test again (successfully) but the next scheduled refresh will fail with a login error. When I go back into test the data sources one of them will fail again.

It is almost as of the login credentials are getting forgotten or corrupted. 

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @philiprobinson,

Please try to update the Power BI report server version to the latest one then test again: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=56722

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

philiprobinson
Regular Visitor

Hi Qiuyun,

I have installed the update and the issue remains. I have even removed the mysql data source and the issue persist.

Thanks

Phil

philiprobinson
Regular Visitor

Hi.

Can anyone offer any assistance with this issue? We are currently trialling Power BI Report server for a large MIS project and this issue is stopping us completing our proof of concept. 

Thanks

Phil