Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

oAuth2 failing to refresh -keeps forgetting credentials

When scheduling or refreshing online, auth is not working.  It all works on the desktop okay, I can refresh everything.  However, on transferring to online, it always fails with incorrect credentials.  This happened ages ago, like 6 months ago, and it seemed to get fixed but for the last few months it's not working.

I've tried

1.  Re publish reports - failed.

2.  Creating a small test report with 1 auth credential - failed.

3.  Different auth credentials - failed.

When I enter in the credentials, striaght away, as I go back in, it's back to anonymous.  I've tried just leaving and scheduling, I just get an invalid credential (The credentials provided for the OData source are invalid)

Any help, much appreciated.

Comments
v-haibl-msft
Employee

@bpalermo

On my side, after I edit the credential for OData source with OAuth2 successfully, if I click "Edit credentials" again, it will show as "Anonymous" again. But actually the credential has already been updated successfully, and I can refresh the dataset properly.

I suggest you to create a support ticket at http://support.powerbi.com (see bottom of page).
If issue is resolved, you can share the solution here later to help others who have the same problem.

Best Regards,
Herbert

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Delivered

YashnaSaxena

I am facing almost the same issue. Please let us know if you solve it!!