Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The ultimate Microsoft Fabric, Power BI, Azure AI & SQL learning event! Join us in Las Vegas from March 26-28, 2024. Use code MSCUST for a $100 discount. Register Now

middle east cities do not map - todays upgrade to desktop did not help

I posted about this yesterday.  But my post was deleted I guess.  So I will just try again.  In short, no matter how you categorize data (city or place or text) with middle east cities, they do not map.  Dubai.... no map  Abu Dhabi no map.... the list goes on.

The map I show here has city names categorized as place.  It does most of the world.  Oddly, it can do Dubbo, Australia - some wee outback town (with respect to Dubbo residents).  But it cannot map Dubai, United Arab Emirates.

This data set mapped below has 92 locations around the world.  A number in middle east.  No mapping of those.

I dont know what to do.  Is the only solution that I create and use a latitude and longitude table for the 50,000 aiports/hotel cities around the world.  I can do that.  Do I need to?

If I need I can be more precise in place names.  But I dont know what precisenss to use for Dubai?  It seems all just hit and miss.  When I go to Bing generic on the web and type in 'Dubai', it sure knows where to go - OK.   Why does the Power BI service (using Bing) not work?

So, I am befuddled what to do.  Is the mapping going to be hit and miss forerver.  Should I really load the 50,000 lat and lon for the travel cities of the world?

middleeastnomap.JPG

Comments
dan_hoff
Helper I

This is OK now with new desktop released today.

I need to spell out United Arab Emirate completely and set my data as 'place'.  Then it works.

Hooray.

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Delivered