Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The ultimate Microsoft Fabric, Power BI, Azure AI & SQL learning event! Join us in Las Vegas from March 26-28, 2024. Use code MSCUST for a $100 discount. Register Now

matrix preview disappeared or rendering incorrectly when uploaded

Hi There,

Is anyone having issues with the matrix preview disappearing when uploading reports. Its been working for weeks however today 22-06-2017 its not rendering correctly. The colours are being replaced and editing the reports in the portal is not taking any changes. 

All my reports are showing the same issue. 

Correct coloursCorrect coloursWhen uploaded , it changes to thisWhen uploaded , it changes to this

Comments
Salty_Sea_Dog
Frequent Visitor

I am also experiencing this issue.

DougM
Advocate II

Same problem here ... I set the Table Style to None ... after uploading to the service the tables are coloured and the Table Style changed to Default ... Editing and changing in the Service seems to resolve it, but is a pain

Does not seem to be consistent as some tables are fine.

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

@raynok@DougM@Salty_Sea_Dog The issue has been reported internally: CRI 40802176. Will update here once get information.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

raynok
Frequent Visitor

I believe I've found the issue, as described in another related issue. 

http://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/table-information-is-getting-blur/idi-p/199769

I'm using a custom colour as a visual matrix preview background "2A404E" with 25 % Transparency.

As soon as I turn off the background option I get to see the same view as the BI service.

Changing it to a standard colour, didnt fix it either. Its ignoring the background colour option. 

Hope it hits the nail on the head.

raynok
Frequent Visitor

I'm not sure now. . . Are we suppose to see the matrix preview in the BI service portal? I thought I would change the visual to a normal matrix then back to the matrix preview (missing around) and noticed that there is no option. 

No Matrix preview visual optionNo Matrix preview visual option

Colours are correct as per normal matrix visualColours are correct as per normal matrix visual

I installed the newer Power Bi desktop revision (noticed the revision number changed last night) from

2.47.4766.500 something to 2.47.4766.801 . Uploaded the project again but still the same results. (I'm trying 🙂 )

RamySaroufim
Employee

Hello all,

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused. We recently changed the default style for the preview Matrix/Table visuals. That change was based on a study to understand the most common settings most customers usually do.

We added that as a new Style Preset called "Default" and set this to be the default for the Preview Matrix/Table. The old style is still available under the name "None".

You can fix the issue by setting the Style Preset for the Matrix visual on Desktop before publishing.

2017-06-26 15_51_35-test-databars - Power BI.png

The reason they seem different on the Service from the Desktop is that the Service gets updates before the Desktop. They will be aligned next week.

Please let us know about any feedback/suggestion you may have.

Ramy. 

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Accepted

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Accepted

raynok
Frequent Visitor

Thank you for your insight into the matter, I will definitly give it a go this evening. Our department is currently using the reports for the remainder of the day (using other colour settings as a workaround).

🙂 Cheers @RamySaroufim

DougM
Advocate II

Thnaks, appreciated