Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

issue/BUG error / warning sign apperar in dashboard pinouts and data is not refreshed

Error / warning sign apperar in Dasboards and visuals are not updated

Source data is SSAS cube thru the gateway

error powerbi medplaya.jpg

If you delete the pined visual and retry again, it shows correct information, but a day later it appears again.

I think its is related with the dynamic relative dates filter

error powerbi medplaya 2.jpg

Comments
v-haibl-msft
Employee

@amurias

Have you tried to create a brand new report/dataset using the same analysis services database and pinning visuals to a new dashboard?

Similar issue was reported to Power BI Team before. The mitigations are as below.
1. Assign more resources to the DirectQuery data source so it can process queries faster.
2. Optimize the DirectQuery data source, e.g. perhaps adding appropriate indexes, so that it can process queries faster.
3. Reduce the number of tiles that need to be refreshed during the data refresh process.

You can also try following steps.
1. Rename the PBIX you are using today
2. On the new one reduce the number of pages and tiles to a subset
3. Publish this new PBIX
4. Pin the same failure tiles to a new dashboard.

Best Regards,
Herbert

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Needs Info

amurias
Frequent Visitor

Hi thanks for comments, I'll try to clarify environment

- Direct Query is againt a SSAS MOLAP Cube and performace is fine, SSAS is not a SQL database so do not optimization indexes

- Reports are done directly in the PowerBI web site, we don't use PBIX file publishing

- If I "pin" a new report using relative dates filter, lets say "last 30 days", apperars without warning, the problem/warning appears "the next day", its like the relative date filter is not working in the pinned pane.

I've made a simple example now and it's fine. I'll follow it tomorrow and keep you update.Clipboard01.jpg

This is the "pin to dashboard" today without any warning

Clipboard02.jpg

Thank you and regards