Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Share your ideas and vote for future features

0 Votes

Hi @Ferdinand 

Based on your error message it is not possible to determine the exact cause . Can you provide the detailed procedure ?

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

0 Votes

Hi @eponcedeleon ,

Based on the available information it is difficult to deduce where the problem lies.
What data source and connection mode are you using?
Is the problem only in this single report? Is this a temporary issue and does it still exist?

Best regards.
Community Support Team_ Caitlyn

Hi @matthiashh 

So the issue you are asking is after you installed the latest version ?

Best Regards,

Hi @FergusNorrie 

You can vote the idea and comment there to improve this feature. It is a place for customers provide feedback about Microsoft Office products . Whats more, if a feedback is high voted there by other customers, it will be promising that Microsoft Product Team will take it into consideration when designing the next version in the future.

Best Regards,

0 Votes

Hi @analytics-ecoma 

When did this happen? Did you do any updates to cause this to happen? I see that your other visuals display data normally, are the fields you place into table visual the same as the fields in the other visuals?

Best Regards,

Hi @navinrangar ,

Did you create a dataflow using this data source?

We have the acknowledged issue about "We couldn't fold the expression to the data source. Please try a simpler expression".

The product team have been aware of the issue and the engineers will do their best to resolve it. I will update here if there is any progress, so please be patient. 

Best regards.

0 Votes

We got the feedback it will be likely fixed in April Desktop.

0 Votes

Hi @rebeccahare17 ,

If you would like to suggest  feature improvements, you may  vote the idea and comment here  to improve this feature. It is a place for customers provide feedback about Microsoft Office products . What’s more, if a feedback is high voted there by other customers, it will be promising that Microsoft Product Team will take it into consideration when designing the next version in the future.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Caitlyn

0 Votes

Hi @JimmyCruyp ,

I wonder if this will help you:

GitHub - deneb-viz/deneb: Deneb is a custom visual for Microsoft Power BI, which allows developers t...

Glad to see that if you provide details, giammariam can give you help. (Please be careful to hide sensitive information since this is an open forum) 

Best Regards,

0 Votes

Hi @mwinnick ,

Based on the information you provided, we need to confirm if there are custom visuals in your report?User was able to save the report after removing the custom visual from the visuals.

Best regards.

0 Votes

Hi @PedroAdegas1 ,

According to the error message you provided, the problem does not lie on the Power BI side.
I found some related solutions in the internet, hope it helps.

This may be due to many reasons. Please check the below steps to make sure you are not missing anything.

1. Make sure that TCP/IP is enabled as a client protocol on the application server. For more information, see Configure client protocols. On application servers where you don't have SQL tools installed, verify that TCP/IP is enabled by running cliconfg.exe (SQL Server Client Network utility).
  2. Check the application's connection string to make sure it's configured correctly. For example, make sure that the connection string specifies the correct port (1433) and fully qualified server name. See Get connection information. Looks like you checked that already
  3. Test the connectivity between the application server and the Azure SQL Database by using SQL Server management Studio (SSMS), a UDL file, ping, or telnet. For more information, see Troubleshooting connectivity issues and Diagnostics for connectivity issues. (You also did that )

Please do also check the below document if you are not missing any steps.
Working with transient errors - Azure SQL Database | Microsoft Learn

For original post ,you may refer to Connection Timeout Expired. The timeout period elapsed while attempting to consume the pre-login han...

Best Regards,

0 Votes

Hi @gabriel2605 ,

Please check the gif I posted below, I did not reproduce your issue on Power BI Desktop Version: 2.114.803.0 64-bit (February 2023).

Please correct me if I misunderstood your needs.

2.24.gif

Best regards.

0 Votes

Hi @pb1051 ,

If you would like to suggest  feature improvements, you may  vote the idea and comment here  to improve this feature. It is a place for customers provide feedback about Microsoft Office products . What’s more, if a feedback is high voted there by other customers, it will be promising that Microsoft Product Team will take it into consideration when designing the next version in the future.

Best Regards,

0 Votes

Hi @pb1051 ,

I got below information: 

This is by design. The customer needs to republish if they are editing the model.

Even if you didn't reference the deleted column in the past, your model changed when you deleted the column, so you need to reorder it.

Best regards.

0 Votes

Hi @Anonymous ,

I did a simple test based on your description and here are the steps I took to reproduce it.

Prerequisites.
I have a test account A in my workspace whose role as a member has been ongoing for several months.

Power BI Desktop Version: 2.114.803.0 64-bit (February 2023)
Power BI Service Version:13.0.20105.47
Browser: Microsoft Edge

Steps:

1. I configured RLS in Power BI Desktop, Rule is to limit the user to see only the content of [Germany]. Then publish it to Power BI Service.
2. Add Role A to this RLS in Power BI Service, which is a member at this time. It can see all the contents of the report.
3. I change A's permissions from member to viewer and open the report again, A can only see the contents of [Germany].

The conclusion is that I did not reproduce your problem and it may be due to some delay in the settings taking effect.

If I have misunderstood your needs or if you have more information to complete, please feel free to let me know.

Best Regards,

0 Votes

Hi @RMurtagh ,

I did a simple test according to the information you provided, but it doesn't seem to reproduce your problem
My test Version: 2.114.803.0 64-bit (February 2023)

vcaitlynmstf_0-1677206091176.png

Best regards.

0 Votes

Hi @Mikelbolton ,

Power BI Desktop does have a problem with Power Automate Vsiual not working properly in the version you are using.
A fix for this issue is available in the latest version 2.114.803.0 64-bit (February 2023), so please contact your IT team for an upgrade of Power BI Desktop.

Best regards.

0 Votes

Hi @danielasabino ,

You may check this thread What to do if you have lost your Authenticator app ... - Microsoft Community 

And If the user's account can't be accessed via browser then, please feel free to contact our dedicated team that deals with Microsoft Authenticator related issues, please feel free to post this on microsoft-authenticator - Microsoft Q&A to help resolve your issue.

Best regards.

0 Votes

Hi @JordanJackson 

Turning on "Lock Aspect" locks the proportions of the visual when you drag the corner to resize the visual . You can turn off this setting and customize your width .

Best Regards,

0 Votes

Hi @Vish19 ,

I did a simple test based on your description and it worked fine on my end.
Power BI Desktop Version: 2.114.803.0 64-bit (February 2023)
Power BI Service Version:13.0.20105.47
Browser: Microsoft edge

vcaitlynmstf_0-1677201836342.pngvcaitlynmstf_1-1677201923420.png

Best regards.

Idea Statuses